Eating crow....2018 Ram Power Wagon build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Wheels and tires are in (18x9" Titanium Method Vex wheels and 37x13.50x18 Toyo RT's), they will be going on Friday morning! I was nervous about the Method Vex wheels in general because I had never seen them in person and I wasn't sure that the Titanium color would work well with the similarly colored Power Wagon badges, but in the end I think it works. Looking forward to getting them on!

J9XAIWQ.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Wheels and tires went on last Friday afternoon and then I parked it and left town for the weekend. Unfortunately Discount Tire dropped the ball and ordered chrome lug nuts and they proceeded to gouge a couple of the wheels upon mounting them. I am currently waiting on the replacement wheels and lug nuts. I am happy to report that there wasn't any rubbing on flat ground, but I did do a little trimming to keep the tires out of the back fender liner while under compression. Pretty sure I will be removing the center caps and painting the hubs as well, I am not really feeling the large center caps.

I'll post up detailed pics once the wheel/lug issues have been rectified, but for now here's a little teaser.

LpMuIeY.jpg

4JBMOSb.jpg

Ravenmad

Observer
Wheels and tires went on last Friday afternoon and then I parked it and left town for the weekend. Unfortunately Discount Tire dropped the ball and ordered chrome lug nuts and they proceeded to gouge a couple of the wheels upon mounting them. I am currently waiting on the replacement wheels and lug nuts. I am happy to report that there wasn't any rubbing on flat ground, but I did do a little trimming to keep the tires out of the back fender liner while under compression. Pretty sure I will be removing the center caps and painting the hubs as well, I am not really feeling the large center caps.

I'll post up detailed pics once the wheel/lug issues have been rectified, but for now here's a little teaser.

LpMuIeY.jpg

4JBMOSb.jpg

Now, that looks great ...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
All shined up and ready for the B-day weekend. I asked the little lady what she got me and she rolled her eyes and looked at the wheels and tires on the Power Wagon lol. Funny, I thought that was my money!? I've gotta get on ordering the sliders soon, it's most certainly not the easiest truck to get into at the moment and the lady friend constantly reminds me of this.

jWVMpmc.jpg

ci6ridw.jpg

rehammer81

Looks great both ways. I have to admit I kind of liked the chrome lugs at a distance with the fake beade lock ring bolts. I do like it with the center caps better for sure.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles