Atypical/Increased Noises coming from Front Suspension - Squeal when Turning - LR3

mass

Observer
Was admittedly driving too quickly down an unimproved trail and did not have time to drop speed prior to hitting a small ditch/wash.

Impact was pretty solid, but the vehicle was fine and kept driving. Upon visual inspection, nothing amiss.

Highway performance following is still completely normal.

No fault lights given/diagnosed.

When I enter into right-turn patterns at speed/decline, the extra pressure causes a SQUEEELLLLL and almost metallic rubbing sound (hoping this is not case, but most likely is).
Additionally, if the vehicle sits for multiple days, the front EAS will slightly decline (this is what pointed to the Valve cleaning course of action)

My quick Google-**** has turned up a quick-fix of popping off the valve assembly and cleaning the O-rings, etc of the front suspension... curious if you fine folks here in the Land Rover realm of ExPo had experienced anything like this with your EAS... or what specific physical components of the suspension I should be closely inspecting...

Will report back with what I find when I start inspecting... appreciate any input in the meantime.

yubert

Explorer
When I enter into right-turn patterns at speed/decline, the extra pressure causes a SQUEEELLLLL and almost metallic rubbing sound (hoping this is not case, but most likely is).

Curious, what have you found so far? The exact same thing happened to my LR3, it would make a SQUEEELLLLL sound and sound like metal rubbing when I made right-turns or sometimes left turns, or when goind over speed bumps.

In my case, it was a leak in the air bag/strut. I couldn't believe that squeeellllling sound could be caused by an air leak but I had a friend that was a shop foreman at a Land Rover dealer look at it and he immediately said it was an air leak after hearing the sound. He then hooked up a LR computer to verify it was my front left air bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94