2001 LX 470 Advice needed

Gads

I just purchased a 2001 LX 470 with 281,000 miles on it. The interior is in very good shape with no tears on the seats and very clean. There are a couple of scraps on the front and back bumper but nothing terrible. The tires look good, the transmission was rebuilt and the timing belt was changed at 190,000 miles. I picked it up for $4,000 which I thought was a great deal.

What should I be aware of with the number of miles it has on it?

Thanks,
Eric

Klierslc

Explorer
I'd check to make sure the suspension functions like it is supposed to. Then do a basic fluid change\flush to make sure everything is clean and fresh. Beyond that, enjoy it!

nasko

Adventurer
Someone more knowledgeable will surely chime in, but I would look at the heater T hoses. Those are known to leak and potentially cause damage.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Technically the timing belt it due again, every 90k. I’d also check water pump, ignition coil packs, spark plugs. In general I would do a full baseline fluid change on all fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gads

V_man,

The AHC system does not seem to work. When I try to lift it, the green light stays blinking. How much of a fix is this and do I really need to fix it?

v_man

Explorer
My AHC is deleted in favor of an OME lift so I'm not the one to give advice on your AHC. It could be a simple as an AHC fluid flush or something more expensive. You really need to get over to ih8mud and start researching, that won't cost you a dime except your time....

Gads

My AHC is deleted in favor of an OME lift so I'm not the one to give advice on your AHC. It could be a simple as an AHC fluid flush or something more expensive. You really need to get over to ih8mud and start researching, that won't cost you a dime except your time....

Thanks. I'll check out the ih8mud forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online