Expedition BC - Our Experiences Overlanding and Camping with Young Kids.

XPEDBC

Adventurer
We've posted a trip report and article sharing our experiences doing the whole camping and overlanding thing with young kids. Hopefully some readers will be encouraged to keep exploring after the whole family thing happens! If you like this kind of stuff, follow along on Facebook where we update everytime a new trip report is posted. ("ExpeditionBC" on Facebook)

img_5581.jpg

img_5262.jpg

https://xpedbc.com/overlanding-with-kids-our-experiences-a-few-tips/

sweet trav

Adventurer
Good stuff...thanks for posting...we love camping and trips with our 5 little ones (8months-8yrs)...bc looks nice...we stay in the nw primarily (of the US)...firearm restrictions have limited us to exploring canada more. Thnx

XPEDBC

Adventurer
You can bring your long guns in, just requires a bit of preplanning. Don’t really need them really, we stopped taking them on trips years ago, even while backpacking in the rockies!

sweet trav

Adventurer
Yeah...Ive heard the paperwork is doable for certain long guns...i prefer to carry pistols on backpacking/camping/atv trips though...and yeah, ya never really need it until ya actually do need it. :)

Enjoy your trips and family...and keep posting...thnx!

justrom

Adventurer
XPEDBC - Could you cross post or share your article over in the Family Adventure Planning section? Lots of people there who would benefit from your tips...

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Why would you need guns on a camping trip? I have travelled and camped all over the world... never needed one.

KYC

Adventurer
Cool tent. Do you have pics of the inside?

Also, carrying a gun is a pretty good safety measure. Even if something has never happened to you, it doesn't mean it won't happen to another person.

haolepinoy

Incomplete Idiot
Looks like a great setup between the Sequoia and the trailer. Spot on with the tips and tricks for traveling with the kids. We've learned the same lessons traveling with our young ones...and continue to learn new ones as they grow and present new challenges.

rickashay

Explorer
Why would you need guns on a camping trip? I have travelled and camped all over the world... never needed one.

From someone who camps frequently in the remote high alpine, having a rifle on hand is definitely not a bad idea. Just from a safety perspective.... last year alone I ran into more grizzly's on the trail than I have ever before. Hopefully I'll never have to use it for that purpose but it's there for that reason.

Factoid

Three criminal heroes
Excellent article! Mine are 32, 29, 26, and 18 and most of the tips still apply! This year, for the first time, we will be kid free in our adventures and I'm hoping it is still as much fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles