Thread: FWC Fleet on Full Size pick up..Real world pics or opinions

Default FWC Fleet on Full Size pick up..Real world pics or opinions

My lady and I have a 2016 Fleet and love it, it is on our 2002 tundra. We have enjoyed the fleet and looking into another truck for more power and towing a trailer at the same time. Little tundra is a great truck, just lacking the mountain power we need. My long term goal is to build a flatbed with tool boxes on top and camper slid in between. More storage for our needs. Before we build a flatbed, we will probably have it stock full size truck bed. Is any one running a fleet on a full size truck? and we are curious how it looks. We do not want to switch to a Hawk at this time because of our future build plan. Any one have photos of a fleet on a fullsize pick up? love to see how it would look.
    thanks Zach and Beth

PS first gen tundra is for sale. 2002 with 54,000 miles. 2 in lift with bags for camper. brand new goodyear 265/75/16 with full size spare truck is in mint

Not the best video or audio, but this might help a little . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpK4gJbQcKU

Stan @ Four Wheel Campers

Stan Kennedy

stan@fourwh.com

Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
    www.FourWheelCampers.com
    109 Pioneer Avenue
    Woodland, CA 95776
    1-530-666-1442 - phone
    1-800-242-1442 - toll free
    1-530-666-1486 - fax

I've got an old Fleet on my shortbox flatbed F150. The Fleet was converted to a flatbed, but the toolbox setup would be cool too. Camper is 90" long and flatbed has 88.5" usable length, so it hangs off the back a little. The camper is very close to the cab width. I'm a fan of having the lighter Fleet on a full size; doesn't feel like I'm pushing limits at all, off road or on. Substitute in a modern full size and it could really be a capable setup.
    20171008_131738.jpg

20171008_131449.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GoinBoardin View Post
    I've got an old Fleet on my shortbox flatbed F150. The Fleet was converted to a flatbed, but the toolbox setup would be cool too. Camper is 90" long and flatbed has 88.5" usable length, so it hangs off the back a little. The camper is very close to the cab width. I'm a fan of having the lighter Fleet on a full size; doesn't feel like I'm pushing limits at all, off road or on. Substitute in a modern full size and it could really be a capable setup.
    20171008_131738.jpg

20171008_131449.jpg
    I've been thinking about doing a setup like this as well, because as great as my Tundra is, I'm starting to think I'll want a full size truck in the near future.

also, Laramie plates! I grew up and went to college there, my entire family is still around the area.