270 deg square back?

ttengineer

Adventurer
Anyone got any updates on this?

I still have not found a reasonable solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have you considered the Batwing Front Edge Zippered Insert?
http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/prod...ries/batwing-front-edge-zippered-insert_31124

I believe it can be mounted/zipped on either end of the Batwing awning.

I would need it on the back side (tailgate), not the passenger side.

OregonJKU

I would need it on the back side (tailgate), not the passenger side.

I may be mistaken but I thought I read somewhere where that the zippered insert could be attached to either the front/driver end or the back/tailgate end of the awning. You could probably get a definitive answer from Rhino-Rack.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
I may be mistaken but I thought I read somewhere where that the zippered insert could be attached to either the front/driver end or the back/tailgate end of the awning. You could probably get a definitive answer from Rhino-Rack.
Did you read the title - what it's called:

Batwing Front Edge Zippered Insert

Not to mention this note on their webpage:

"The Batwing Front Edge Zippered Insert fits the Batwing (31100) Left only. "

They called it "Front Edge" for a reason, so I'm thinking it only goes in 1 place, but what the heck, it doesn't hurt to call & ask. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked - right?

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Interesting but bet it is heavy with the steel arms. Curious as to why the "About You" is not in English and no address is listed for the company.
Coming from owning an Alu Cab Shadow, I know it would be heavy. They've copied quite a few features from the Shadow. The hinges look familiar. The arms that pivot up to put a slope to the tent fabric and the re-enforcing patches, too. Problem with the patches are you'd best do a seam sealer on the stitches as they leak. Noticed velcro strip near the outside edges, also copied, so I'm betting they have a wall kit planned. I'm familiar with mounting the aluminum Alu Cab & what it takes, so this thing will need an extremely stout roof rack or bed rack for a pickup. Or maybe good shade for your M1 Abrams Tank out on a Mid-East desert, somewhere - it' probably sturdy enough...lol.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Just popped up in my email. Blue Ridge Overland Gear did the canvas for the Kinsman. Kinsman is a small start up located in South Carolina. All USA product.....
Yup, they mentioned walls! I also like their shower/toilet shelter and good sense of humor:giggle:

ttengineer

Adventurer
I did sign up.

There is zero info on the site though. I guess they are still prototyping.

I’m not interested in anything over 90” long though.

Apparently they are still prototyping according to the video I posted above. It appears there are a few videos that have prototypes installed. I have noticed they do ask what brand of rack you plain on installing it on, so that may be why they have poste mentioned dimensions yet. A little market research to see what the most popular setup would be. The design is solid and can be scaled to any length. I would have loved to seen him design it using aluminum instead of steel. To achieve the same strength I don't know if there would be enough weight saving. As it is, it does not excessively heavy. Two person carry and install.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
A respectful & properly worded email to the above address might get you the answers you're looking for.:unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles