270 deg square back?

ttengineer

Adventurer
Does anyone know of a company that makes a 2m 270 degree awning that has a full 2m length square back?

I want an awning that has full coverage over my full size tailgate with the ability to add walls/wind breaks.

I’m looking for quality products and not junk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
Unfortunately Rin, the shadow awn is too long when closed and not long enough on the rear portion to cover my tail gate on my Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a beast doesn't exist, closest for length would be the Rhino Rack Foxwing Eco 2.1 but that isn't going to give you full coverage on the rear, if you want full coverage on the tailgate then you want an awning to mount facing the tailgate and not on the side so for that you could go with the fox wing and just have it open to the front/side from the back instead of to the back from the side. Aerodynamics on that would suck but I did see a mount that allows you to fold it flat for transport the other day. Alternatively you could mount a regular style awning at the back or one of those dome style ones.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
I've thought about mounting this awning on the back of an off road trailer, instead of the side. Might be too wide, though. 2 sizes - the 8' might work on a full size truck. And those might be Oz dollars.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Such a beast doesn't exist, closest for length would be the Rhino Rack Foxwing Eco 2.1 but that isn't going to give you full coverage on the rear, if you want full coverage on the tailgate then you want an awning to mount facing the tailgate and not on the side so for that you could go with the fox wing and just have it open to the front/side from the back instead of to the back from the side. Aerodynamics on that would suck but I did see a mount that allows you to fold it flat for transport the other day. Alternatively you could mount a regular style awning at the back or one of those dome style ones.

Well, yes and no.

It does exist, just not in the USA.

Drifta in AUS makes one that would fit my needs but does not, currently, ship it to the USA.

493ed2e6937af5edf9f4ff14c4165a63.jpg

https://www.drifta.com.au/product/super-wing-awning/

Ideally, I’d like to use 2 of the James Baroud tunnel awnings on either side of the bed and their small awning over the tailgate. Then I’d like to fab up 2 corner pieces to fill the gaps on either side. I’m having trouble finding fabric that would match and making it watertight though.

Darche is coming to the US this month and offers a 180 awning that would be ideal if it was shorter when packed down. But at nearly 90” it’s too wide to throw on the back.

Does anyone know of an awning that looks like this but is only around 72” when packed down?

b5b066bc39380024b6b936cf0ce297c6.jpg

http://www.darcheusa.com/Awnings/darche-ecplise-180-awning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drifter_r6

Observer
I have the full size FoxWing which is roughly 2.5m, its mounted on the drivers side. It covers my full size tailgate but the awning is cut at an angle (not squared off as you as you are stating). Angles of the sun or windy rain definitely soaks the passenger corner of the tailgate. Easily resolved with the zip on extension panel for that side.

Bad pics but hopefully you can see the tailgate is down and fully under the awning.

Directly behind the truck.
IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles