Teardrop trailer thru Titus Canyon?

SoCal_80

Explorer
Planning a trip to Death Valley next weekend. It has been a few years and this Time we will be pulling our SoCal Teardop thru the canyon. I know I can make it just fine however read an article that there are no trailers allowed through the canyon. True?

Thank you!
Sean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

aaen

Adventurer
Yes you will be able to do Titus Canyon with a tear drop. I was just through there a couple of weeks ago with my Tacoma. There is no need for 4wd through there. Few rocky spots, but its all down hill, in the canyon area, so you just need to be look at wheel placement.

When you get closer to the west end as you have to enter via Rhyolite, it will get tighter, but nothing you could not do with a tear drop. Just make sure you swing a bite wide. Keep in mind this is a one way road.

I’d even attemp Steele Pass in a tear drop, although it would be a bit trickier, mainly for the trailer alignment on two of the drops/climbs in Decedra(spelling ) canyon, but again it would be doable.

Planning a trip to Death Valley next weekend. It has been a few years and this Time we will be pulling our SoCal Teardop thru the canyon. I know I can make it just fine however read an article that there are no trailers allowed through the canyon. True?

Thank you!
Sean

SoCal_80

Explorer
Thank you. I knew the trailer would make it was t just curious if the law/rule changed and you can no longer pull a trailer through the canyon. Thx!

aaen

Adventurer
There is/was a law saying you can’t pull a trailer through Titus canyon? News to me. I think that more then likely means RV style trailers and not tear drop/off road trailers which are generally much smaller. I would suggest calling the NPS to verify though.

Thank you. I knew the trailer would make it was t just curious if the law/rule changed and you can no longer pull a trailer through the canyon. Thx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier