Clean Mercedes 711D diesel van

kerry

Expedition Leader
No indication on which exact engine it has. Needs engine pictures also. Probably geared pretty low for US interstates.

rontaki

Observer
The speedo on this van goes up to 120 km/h, with 100 km/h looking like where the engineers expecting this to max out at in normal driving. That's 62 mph.
The very top end of the speedo, 120 km/h converts to 74.5 mph. Most likely this van never sees that kind of speed in most driving situations. So, get used to the slow lane with irate truckers trying to pass you.

My Vanagon Westy Syncro with a Subaru 2.2 is faster than this van, and I do have to hug the right lanes in hilly country when loaded down for travel.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
The speedo on this van goes up to 120 km/h, with 100 km/h looking like where the engineers expecting this to max out at in normal driving. That's 62 mph.
The very top end of the speedo, 120 km/h converts to 74.5 mph. Most likely this van never sees that kind of speed in most driving situations. So, get used to the slow lane with irate truckers trying to pass you.

My Vanagon Westy Syncro with a Subaru 2.2 is faster than this van, and I do have to hug the right lanes in hilly country when loaded down for travel.

Most likely it's limited to 100kmh, possibly even 90kmh, as that's the speed limit in most of Europe for 7500kg+ GVM vehicles - as it's a 7xx I think it's a 7500kg GVM. I'm sure someone else will correct if I'm wrong. There is a chance being ex-Fire and the age that is that the limiter isn't there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles