Falkor: 1995 Ford E350 Hightop Wheelchair Build

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
^Not to hijack but do you have front 3/4 shots of your van Raul with those flares? Might get a set for my bus.
Falcor is looking good with the black trim pieces.

Raul

Adventurer
They are both the same. Pacer Flexyflares. No tape, You have to drill holes on the inside of the fender and cut them to fit. On my first van I used a set for F350 and on the new one is for a Dodge. It will look bad if you try to do 100% of the fender as it will distort as the bottom folds inward. I use mud flaps to finish the bottom part of the fender.

Raul

Adventurer
Sounds kinda like what happened with the Husky Liner flares. Thanks for the heads up.

I've added a few more detailed pictures of the flares to my thread. $60 for these flares vs. $600 for the buschwakers... I can get a 12v fridge, solar panels, rack...

TheVagabondMBA

Observer
This weekend I made some insulation inserts for the windows. Now that it's getting warmer in AZ it was needed. I glued reflectix to both sides of the cardboard template that I made for each of the windows. Right now they are just wrapped in black fabric, but eventually I will pick some more vibrant, lightly-colored pattern and sew them shut. They aren't finished, but they still served their intended purpose well this weekend. Kept us cool in the 80 degree sun.

I was sick with the flu Tuesday and Wednesday and then called out the rest of the week for some all natural camping recovery :camping:

We spent Thursday through Sunday in the Tonto National Forest. The ice was still ice when we got home Sunday, so the cooler was worth it :friday:

Here's a shot from Horeshoe Reservoir where we camped on Saturday. The side in the sun has the inserts up and the side facing the lake has them taken down so we can enjoy the view:

IMG_1276.jpg

This is from our campsite on Friday at the Mesquite Recreation Area. The window inserts are up in this. For some reason Falkor looks bigger than normal in this shot so I'm a fan:

IMG_1282.jpg

TheVagabondMBA

Observer
Continued some work on the interior this weekend. The "living room" floor is done and I started the frame for the cabinets/closet/sink area. I'll post up some more when the interior is finished. I still need to do the flooring under the bed as well as finish off the cabinets and storage areas. The fun never ends...

IMG_1351.JPG

TheVagabondMBA

Observer
Falkor was in a hit and run that damaged the passenger fender. I ended up using the insurance towards Weldtec fiberglass fenders. I have the fenders installed unpainted as we are still figuring out what color we want to go with. I have some HD Bilsteins and Moog CC880s, new tires, spare carrier, hoop bumper that need to go on and the last 20% of the interior to finish. Here it is for now. We should have everything "finished" by November/December.

IMG_2598.JPGIMG_2696.JPG

TheVagabondMBA

Observer
A little teaser of this weekend's project. I'll post some more photos when I get my new camera next week. Definitely handles the twisties better and we'll see how the setup works off-road later this month.

FYI:
Moog CC880S Front Coils
Bilstein 33-176857 B6 HD Shock Absorber
Bilstein 33-187570 B6 HD Shock Absorber

Did the install Sunday and had a local shop do alignment Monday. Everything is in spec with the current tires, but I will be doing another alignment once I get the 265's or 285's put on. I'm still not 100% sure which tires I'm going with.

IMG_2986.JPG

TheVagabondMBA

Observer
Here's a couple photos from last weekend. Falkor isn't sitting on level ground, but you can at least get a reference for the lift and fenders. Still on the hunt for the right tires/wheels, but they'll be on soon enough. Been spending alot of time at Fiesta Island over the last few months in this rig. Makes me feel like I own some beach front property :cool:

DSC_0053.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
A little teaser of this weekend's project. I'll post some more photos when I get my new camera next week. Definitely handles the twisties better and we'll see how the setup works off-road later this month.

FYI:
Moog CC880S Front Coils
Bilstein 33-176857 B6 HD Shock Absorber
Bilstein 33-187570 B6 HD Shock Absorber

Did the install Sunday and had a local shop do alignment Monday. Everything is in spec with the current tires, but I will be doing another alignment once I get the 265's or 285's put on. I'm still not 100% sure which tires I'm going with.

View attachment 482673

Changing tires won’t change your alignment, so why redo it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles