2013 Land Cruiser Rust? From Connecticut

BlueMarblePA

Am looking to buy a 2013 used Connecticut Land Cruiser. I have been warned about KDSS rust and other rust from Connecticut. Do any of these pictures worry anyone?

IMG_1236.jpgIMG_1235.jpgIMG_1234.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 24

phsycle

Adventurer
Me, personally, would never buy a car from New England, or rust belt states. But it seems you're in that area (judging by "PA" in your name), so perhaps this is normal. If so, maybe you're handy with tap and die as well. I'm not. So I'll stick to vehicles from the southwest. :)

RGRMIKE

I have a 2001 LC 100 thats spent it's life in Colorado. It's much cleaner than the pictured 2013. I would look into truck from the Southwest, Colorado, Montana etc. I know salt is a big contributor to rust but I believe humidity is as well. There's vehicles in Colorado that simply don't exist in the rust belt or New England.

nasko

Adventurer
Well, here is an opposite opinion. It looks pretty good to me. Not great, but nothing to worry too much about it. I would start a rustproofing it immediately and should be OK. I am in Ontario, Canada, so we are used to some undercarriage rust.

shmabs

Explorer
Looks about average for a 5 year old truck that has spent its life in the northeast. Seems totally workable though if you're willing to do the touch ups needed. My primary concern would be whats going on in all the hidden places you cant see, like inside the frame.

mathers420

Observer
The reality is if you bring a clean truck up from the south and drive it in the winter, it will end up looking like that eventually.

That's not bad, it's not great, but certainly not bad. No one would fix that around here unless they were going to stop driving it in the winter.

Dalko43

Explorer
Unless you're talking about a garage queen, any vehicle, of any brand, is going to have a limited lifespan up here in the northeast.

The best you can do is routinely clean and prep the frame and axles (fluid film seems to be good product). But even, then, you're only delaying the inevitable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne