Portable 12v inflator recommendations?

rnArmy

Adventurer
Has anybody tried one of these M240 units (link below)?
-
https://www.specialopstools.com/ $139.99 (I know the picture says $229.99, but they run $129 - $139).
-
Someone on another thread thought it was a repackaged MV-50 in an ammo can - I wouldn't know.
-
I'm currently running a CO2 tank in my Jeep TJ; it works well but takes up a lot of space. So I want to replace the CO2 tank with something a little smaller and more portable (to swap between vehicles) and am considering this unit. It isn't as cheap as an MV-50 (which is on my consideration list) but it also isn't too expensive compared to the many options out there.

Edited on 13 August 2018 - I got one for my birthday last month. I like it. Used it to re-inflate my tires (285/75/16") after having aired down earlier in the day. Plenty long wires to clip to the battery, and plenty long hose. Worked fine (and I kept the engine running while using it). The whole package is heavier than I thought it would be (not saying that's a bad thing).

-
air armor.JPGair armor.JPGair armor.JPG

Last edited:

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
MV-50/Tsunami has a solid track record and is the value in low cost compressor. Any compressor that plugs into a cig outlet is a POS and should be avoided for 4wd use.

ArkansasDon

Observer
Viair 400P, cord length is 8 ft. w\direct connect to battery, air hose length is 25 ft., working pressure is 150 psi max comes w\ storage bag too.

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
I found (with several portable compressors) that hose storage consumes much more room than cord storage; and storage room is always in short supply, so I modified the current masterflow 1050 with about an 18" hose (might be a bit shorter) and a cord long enough to reach the diagonal tire opposite the battery (only way that I could get both hose and cord to fit, with the compressor, in the small ammo can). If your compressor is attached to the vehicle; you are stuck trying to find storage for a long hose (or running a line front and back then using quick disconnects and a shorter hose.
As long as the engine is running when you use the compressor the increase in voltage more than makes up for any voltage drop due to cord length.

Enjoy!

compressor in a can 50 croppedDSCF0301.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I have the Original TruckAir 275 and then about 8 months ago I bought a generic twin cylinder compressor, and then I bought the ARB ckmp12 High Output Portable and this week I just bought the ARB ckmtp12 Twin Portable, Both of the ARB's leave the rest in the shade, with their quality ease of use and accessories etc nothing comes close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles