Anyone know torque values for upper control arm bushing nuts?

Slooooowwwwwly getting my suspension up to snuff and getting ready to get her down on the ground to tighten the control arms as its customary to do this with the vehicle on the ground as I understand. I've searched online, the forum, factory service manual etc. but can't find anything in reference to the nuts indicated in the photo. I'm using an AC Delco arm... Any input? Thanks all.

download.jpg

ive never seen a spec.
tight as the dickens is a good place to start.
if you have clean , chased threads and new pinch nuts ( you have bought new ones havent you?) 14x 1.5 pinch lock
try 60 pounds.
just to squeeze the bushing between washers is the goal and keep it from spinning on the spindle.
the spindles are forged but not hardened. thus a torque tooo tight will stretch the threads.

on second thought start at 45 pounds not 60. if at 45 they tighten up then leave it. 60 might start to mushroom the inner bushing

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Keep an eye on them, I had one that kept coming loose for some reason. I’d have to go look to double check but I think I ended up using a locknut with threadlocker, only on one side though. I still eyeball it even after 20k miles.....I just do a quick visual whenever I’m in the area.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I set mine to 100ftlbs +/- depending on the condition of threads, aftermarket arms typically work themselves loose for some reason. On those we have had luck with Stover nuts (a gob of red loctite) or just doing a small tack weld on the shaft. If the shaft has enough thread ypu could even do a jam nut.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Also for what it's worth i use torque stripe on all my fasteners after they are torqued to spec. This is an easy visual on when things are coming loose, it's probably noy necessary for you guys with small tires and casual wheeling but it doesn't hurt to be mindful of the moving parts.

Reactions: lev
Nice, thanks guys. I'm liking the torque stripe and loctite recommendation, feeds my neurosis. I think I'll start with 45-50, keep an eye on the bushing and go up from there. I looked at some forums on similar applications/different SUVs and they were in the range of 50-70ft-lbs. Thanks again, very much appreciated all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier