F350 Regular Cab with Hawk Flatbed on XPCamper Truck Tray

con kso

Adventurer
Check out the Cooper ST Maxx. The first set I had, got over 50,000 hard miles. Very tough sidewalls. Great sand traction and not too bad on highway.

Your rig is awesome.

Cheers[

QUOTE="con kso, post: 2451883, member: 109951"]Yes - just a matter of time on the tires.

I'm going to leave them on for the next three trips I have coming up: 1 week fly fishing up in Sierras (mostly road driving so might as well burn in the OEM tires), 2 weeks Montana (again lots more pavement pounding), 2 weeks central Baja (mild offroad, lots more pavement - some murderous potholes). Each of those three trips won't be too much of a tire challenge so I'll leave what I've got on there.

In December, however, we're going back down to southern Baja. On the way down, we'll do the long way through BOLA, San Rafael and San Francisquito and out through El Arco (I want to show the girls the cave paintings out there). Nothing too challenging on that road but it can have some sharp rocks. We'll also drive out onto the point at Santa Rosalilita and that requires some soft sand beach driving as well as one fairly hairball rocky down hill section - sharp volcanic rocks. So I'm thinking that sometime around November I may be tire shopping - I've always been a fan of the BFG AT/KOs but the last pair of KO2s I had on my last truck seemed to wear really fast - so I'm thinking I may go the Cooper route - probably 285s or so - nothing drastic. I'll buy whichever Cooper tire has the beefiest side wall - that's what I liked about the BFGs, multiple sidewall plys.

No major changes to stock suspension with the exception of a shock change to Bilsteins - again, I've always been a fan of them. I'm not sure about Bilstein fitment on 4x4 F350s though- so if you've got advice for me I'm all ears.

'
[/QUOTE]

Yes - those were the tires a friend also recommended to me. I will definitely give them a look over. Thanks man!

BajaSurfRig

CON KSO your rig is beautiful!! I am making the switch back to an F350 in about a month and really excited to have more than enough truck again haha. I can't wait to see this thing down on the peninsula someday!

WangosTango

Very cool build. Love the bed/camper combo.
Have run several sets of ST Maxx, got great mileage out of them. Did go with ridge grapplers on my latest purchase, so far so good. Would love to catch you in Baja and check out the truck.

I really like the way your build turned out! (The photo you showed in Post #19 is our truck, so you know I'm partial to white F-350's...)

con kso

Adventurer
CON KSO your rig is beautiful!! I am making the switch back to an F350 in about a month and really excited to have more than enough truck again haha. I can't wait to see this thing down on the peninsula someday!
Thanks! I really like the truck but have only used the 4x4 option once so far (Owens River, sticky mud) and never used the locking diff. feature. I'll be down in Baja the first three weeks of June, the last week of September/first week of October and for three weeks over Christmas break (I'm a high school teacher). PM me if you're heading down and maybe we can hook up!

con kso

Adventurer
I really like the way your build turned out! (The photo you showed in Post #19 is our truck, so you know I'm partial to white F-350's...)
Your truck looks SWEET with that XPTruck Tray! I already know for sure that I'm never selling the truck and flatbed - I'd sell the camper but I'm not selling the flatbed.

con kso

Adventurer
Very cool build. Love the bed/camper combo.
Have run several sets of ST Maxx, got great mileage out of them. Did go with ridge grapplers on my latest purchase, so far so good. Would love to catch you in Baja and check out the truck.
I'm really, really leaning toward those ST Maxx tires - I'm getting a 2" leveling lift and then I'm going to get some beefier tires on there. I don't want to go with huge tires (definitely not going to 37" tires) - but I do like more sidewall for airing down in the sand (4x4 for me is mostly crossing Baja sand dunes and beaches and dealing with long dirt washboard roads... you know the drill) what size would you recommend?

WangosTango

I'm really, really leaning toward those ST Maxx tires - I'm getting a 2" leveling lift and then I'm going to get some beefier tires on there. I don't want to go with huge tires (definitely not going to 37" tires) - but I do like more sidewall for airing down in the sand (4x4 for me is mostly crossing Baja sand dunes and beaches and dealing with long dirt washboard roads... you know the drill) what size would you recommend?
I'm on 35's. Wife thinks they look a little small, but by and large I think they are ok. Could go bigger but the expense just doesn't pencil in.

WangosTango

Shoot I think your truck looks good the way it is! Heading down to Abreojos June 7th - interested?
Dude,
sorry for late reply. Was rambling around southern Utah for 2 weeks. Would love to meet up and travel there, the work thing is tough for me in June. Work at a ski town, and the place is opening up on the 8th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne