Tacoma: 2nd Gen Flippac on 3rd Gen?

phsycle

Adventurer
Anyone know if a Flippac from a 2nd Gen will fit a 3rd? I have doubts, since a regular shell has fitment issues. But I am hoping I can make it fit.
I've looked at the AT Habitat's, but prices are crazy high and I don't like that it opens "backwards" and not over the cab, like the Flippac.
I will probably just stick with a ground tent, but it would entice the rest of the family to come along more readily with a Flippac.
And before anyone suggests it, I don't want to deal with a RTT.

screwball48

Explorer
One main difference between the two regarding the bed is the area near the cab. IIRC the cap on that portion is lower than that of the side where the 3rd gen everything is on the same level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tacollie

Glamper
Flippacs don't fit like nice toppers do. Their fit isn't as refined. I would bet it would fit a third gen as well it does a second gen. Loosely.

Clutch

<---Pass
Yes.

I asked the same question a while back...in my never ending quest... of finding solutions for problems I don't have. ;)

Some fitment questions answered in here: http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/165118-Flip-Pac-on-a-2016-17-Tacoma

attachment.php

dman93

Adventurer
Flippacs don't fit like nice toppers do. Their fit isn't as refined. I would bet it would fit a third gen as well it does a second gen. Loosely.

What he said. The big difference fit-wise for a FlipPac would be the tailgate/liftgate interface. Some creative adaptation would make it work OK I'm sure. I had to play around with mine (T100, not 3rd gen) as it came with no rear window. I don't even know if there was a specific 3rd gen config ... I think the vendor was on the way out by the time the 3rd gen came out. I do know that the ARE on my 3rd gen doesn't fit great around the tailgate.

phsycle

Adventurer
Thanks all. That gives me some hope to finding one and making it work. It's a shame they went out of business, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles