New Line: No Boundaries Modified Teardrops

kahluablast99

I noticed that the TW200 fits in the 10.6 without the handlebars scraping the ceiling. I am considering a 10.6 but I ride a newer KTM 300 EXC which is around 50 inches handlebar height. Do you know what the interior height is on these units? It seems that Forest River only posts their exterior dimensions not their interior measurements.

Patriot

Observer
I've done a lot of research over the years and have built my own off road trailer and ended up selling it to someone that did a lot of jeeping in Moab. I've sinse had the itch to build something again and ran in to this product line called No Boundaries. First let me state that I'm not a "crazy" offroader. I'm a paraglider pilot that spends a lot of time hiking and driving in the mountains and on roads to the tops. I don't have the desire to push the limits of my vehicles given that they (15' Tundra TrdPro) are on the pricey side. I spend a lot of time on the dirt but don't have a desire to Rock Crawl and smash bumpers and undercarriages. I have taken my truck through canyons in southern UT, I just don't do that everyday so I didn't want something that is crazy overbuilt I also explore on my tw200. I ended up buying instead of building a camper. I bought a No Boundaries (NOBO) 10.6. This trailer seemed well outfitted for the type of overlanding, read camping, that I like to do. It has a torsion axle, Copper Tires, 30 gallon water storage, Foxwing awning, Dometic 65L fridge, bed off the ground and out of the wind, and a way to haul the bike around. I may add a RTT for the kids in the future but for now me and my 9 & 7 yr olds can sleep in there just fine. I'm sure the build quality is not that of a Moby1 but its also $10-15k less that one of those to. I have had it out twice since I bought it and will do my best to keep those that are interested updated about how things hold up and function off the beaten path.

View attachment 435464View attachment 435465View attachment 435466View attachment 435467View attachment 435468
wondering how this trailer has done for you? We are looking to purchase the 10.6 for a trip, and I'd love to hear your ownership report.
Thanks

Ramrock

wondering how this trailer has done for you? We are looking to purchase the 10.6 for a trip, and I'd love to hear your ownership report.
Thanks
I purchased one of these last August and have been pleased with it so far. It's comfortable and dry. I bought it knowing that they aren't an extreme offroad trailer. Forest service / moderate gravel and dirt roads.
The Pros
A/C, Dometic CFX 65W fridge, Stove, 30 gal water tank, Batwing 270 awning, Rhino Rack Pioneer rack, TV, Safe box, Cargo capacity. It's a simple trailer so there is minimal things to go wrong KISS.
The Cons
No real heater Propex / Webasto
No roof vent / only A/C
Only 4 tiedowns in the cargo compartment
Batwing 270 awning doesn't cover the slideout fridge / stove
The tongue could be longer.
Another small window would be nice.
The interior is typical production line trailer lightweight cheap stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 149

Ramrock

I noticed that the TW200 fits in the 10.6 without the handlebars scraping the ceiling. I am considering a 10.6 but I ride a newer KTM 300 EXC which is around 50 inches handlebar height. Do you know what the interior height is on these units? It seems that Forest River only posts their exterior dimensions not their interior measurements.
On my NoBo 10.6 it measures approximately 50 inches at the rear opening. Top of the ramp floor to the top of the cargo door opening.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I purchased one of these last August and have been pleased with it so far. It's comfortable and dry. I bought it knowing that they aren't an extreme offroad trailer. Forest service / moderate gravel and dirt roads.
The Pros
A/C, Dometic CFX 65W fridge, Stove, 30 gal water tank, Batwing 270 awning, Rhino Rack Pioneer rack, TV, Safe box, Cargo capacity. It's a simple trailer so there is minimal things to go wrong KISS.
The Cons
No roof vent / only A/C

Most things you can modify yourself. Can you sit up inside on a chair?

Ramrock

Most things you can modify yourself. Can you sit up inside on a chair?
The floor to ceiling height is approximately 55 inches. I measured myself 5' 10" sitting in a chair 16 inches off the floor and it measured 48 inches.

Last edited:

Patriot

Observer
All good to hear! Thank you

The Pros
The Cons
No roof vent / only A/C

surfjeep

Just finished some mods on my 10.6. 4" lift, Fuel-trophy wheels to match my jeep and 34"x10" falken wildpeak tires. I removed most of the stripes and goat/mountain graphics. A Napier suv backroadz tent for the ramp door adds 9x9 of additional space for my dogs. Still planning a stretch of the tongue for a generator platform. I will use it mostly for beach camping and surfing, so I don't expect it to be some kind of rock crawler trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0349.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0340.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0334.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 176

Teardropper

I'm in my 50's, retired and the wife and I love to travel and camp...the more remote and scenic, the better. Tenting out of the back of our Tundra was fun and allowed access to places RVs and camp trailers couldn't go, but I got to where I want to "rough it", but just not that rough. Then we see the off road tear drop campers. BINGO! Compact little bad-ass camp trailers that can go just about anywhere. After a month reviewing Youtube videos, we came across the No Bo 10.6 with the toy hauler rear door and loved the design. Bought it brand new a week ago and on the way home with it stopped in north Georgia and camped at a state park in 20-30 degree weather. Used a Mr Heater and slept very warm. Got it home and the wife was excited to start outfitting it with gear. That is when we noticed problems. The front is framed with 3/4 X 1- 1/2" fir strips and pressed cardboard walls and shelves. The material is the same as the cardboard you get for the backs of cheap bookshelves at Walmart. (At least with Walmart, I know what I'm getting) Everything is fastened with staples and the workmanship is horrible. Most of the staples miss the framing member, so there are literally rows of staples sticking thru the pressboard 1/2" away from the frame member. Walls are pulling apart and the shelves are bowed and warped and not even secured to the framing members. They even ran a screw into the on board 30 gal water tank when they screwed the slide out rail to the floor. The membrane roof has bubbles in it where it is delaminating and there are places on the roof where they didn't run sealant and water has gotten into the walls. What few outlets it has are poorly mounted...crooked and you can see where the hole was cut too big and they mounted it anyway, so when I plug into an outlet and pull out the cord, the box comes out of the wall with it. The design is great, but the quality is garbage. The dealership is good and wants to help, but this is beyond dealership repair and Forest River has been rediculous to deal with. They call all these problems "cosmetic" and immediately turn into the "victim" where I'm just being a nit-picky customer. After a week of back and forth, finally got the dealership to urge Forest River to make warranty repairs. Had the camper 3 days before sending it off and now told it could be 2 months or more to get it back.
So, for anyone interested in a No Bo camper, they are great in design and look really sharp on the outside, but are not very good quality wise. I ran the numbers, and for around $1500 and a week of labor, I can pull out the front framing and redo it with better wood and fasteners and use a thin plywood vs pressboard and then buy a good sealant and go over the roof seams and missed areas and repair the water tank. I bought it for just over 13K, so with my own repairs, I can be in a decent camper for around 15K. I hate that I have to do all of this on a brand new camper, but there are no real options. Manufacturing warranty work still leaves me with some very low quality materials.

The design is great. I can't stand up in it, but the trade off for low profile and low center of gravity is worth it for the type of camping we do. The front has a slide out compartment that extends out and has a 2 burner stove, Dometic ice chest (which is awesome and retails for $900. I wouldn't spend that much for it, but it came with the camper and I love it) and a lock box at the back of the slide, which is accessible from the inside, a nice feature. Quick and easy to use and frees up the back end where most tear drops dedicate the rear for a galley. I dont cook that much and really like having the back to be open. I put a stabilizer on and my 2018 Tundra pulls like its not even there. The camper is nimble and being narrower than the truck, it corners well and when going on switchbacks, it doesn't go into the other lane as longer and wider trailers do. Its pretty basic and simple and we got it to have a relatively safe and comfortable place to sleep only, versus having one designed to actually live out of. I was hoping it would do well on slightly off-road excursions...such as out in the desert or going up the not-so-well maintained mountain roads. The frame is made by Lippert and is very thin...maybe 14 gauge at best. I'd say it is about as thin and cheap as it can be without bending and breaking, and I sure wouldn't take it on anything too rough...maybe a desert road where you run into a little wash out here and there. I google checked Lippert, and of course found quite a few complaints on their frames. While checking this out, I then see that the torsion axles used on this camper were recalled right after it was made. Can't find out if I have the bad axle or not, but it pretty much goes with rest of everything... It does have about 18" of clearance, so that's nice.
It seems like all the real nice off road trailers of this design are made in Australia and run $30k-$40k and are pretty hard to get in the US, so we are pretty much limited to the cheap mass produced units of low quality...and even the newer Airstreams are getting a lot of complaints on quality, so I guess that is just way things are across the board in the US. If you google Forest River, the first thing that pops up are customer complaints. LOTS of them. So research better than I did before buying, or just know you need to spend some extra time and money to make things right yourself.

I have about 30 pics of problems, but attached 3 here so you can see that they dont take the time to use a hole saw, pipes and wires look to have penetrations hacked out with an axe, the one framing member broke at a knot and was still used even though the end was short, jagged and not attached to anything. The pic of the wall shows gaps where the framing members on the end of a wall dont even attach to anything, the whole wall is flapping and pulling lose. If you buy one of these, just expect to do some work to get it right and I'm making sure to carry a couple pieces of angle iron and and some Tek5 self tapping screws in case I have to band-aid a broken weld on the frame. Saw a video where a similar camper had the frame break, if you look closely at the frame, you can see where it won't take much stress to cause a failure.

OUCH!

Send.It

I have two of the 2019 NoBo 10.6's that I just bought early this spring. Both of them are out of commission right now due to major problems. Both trailers are broken at all four or the rear corners. The aluminum framing used for the walls/roof has broken at the welds and the walls are beginning to separate. I now have a gap at the top of the fold down door large enough for light to shine through. Neither of the trailers has been abused beyond dirt forest service roads and have not been in any kind of accident. Also, keep an eye on the a/c unit if equipped. Both of mine worked loose and had to be bolted back down after the stock bolts bent/broke. Finally, the screws holding the stove/fridge drawer into the trailer floor are very weak and will pull out of the wood decking. I had to reinforce the mounting in order to avoid issues. If I had to do it again, I would definitely not buy a NoBo. They look amazing and the idea is good, but the construction is too light and flimsy. Mine are junk.

Viking1204

Really sucks hearing about the problems with the NOBO's I was thinking this might be the right trailer for me, now I'm not too sure. I do have one question on the 10.6, when you take the bedding out to put a bike or atv in it where do you store the bedding? I guess I'll do more research and see what else is out there. This seemed perfect, gives you a nice area to sleep inside with the ability to put a RTT on top. There is a Gander Outdoors near Troy University where my oldest son is finishing up college, when I go to move him I'm going to stop and take a look at their 2020 models and see if they've made any improvements. Any other comparable trailers on the market built better in the same price range of $20K or less?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94