New Line: No Boundaries Modified Teardrops

keendogg

I've done a lot of research over the years and have built my own off road trailer and ended up selling it to someone that did a lot of jeeping in Moab. I've sinse had the itch to build something again and ran in to this product line called No Boundaries. First let me state that I'm not a "crazy" offroader. I'm a paraglider pilot that spends a lot of time hiking and driving in the mountains and on roads to the tops. I don't have the desire to push the limits of my vehicles given that they (15' Tundra TrdPro) are on the pricey side. I spend a lot of time on the dirt but don't have a desire to Rock Crawl and smash bumpers and undercarriages. I have taken my truck through canyons in southern UT, I just don't do that everyday so I didn't want something that is crazy overbuilt I also explore on my tw200. I ended up buying instead of building a camper. I bought a No Boundaries (NOBO) 10.6. This trailer seemed well outfitted for the type of overlanding, read camping, that I like to do. It has a torsion axle, Copper Tires, 30 gallon water storage, Foxwing awning, Dometic 65L fridge, bed off the ground and out of the wind, and a way to haul the bike around. I may add a RTT for the kids in the future but for now me and my 9 & 7 yr olds can sleep in there just fine. I'm sure the build quality is not that of a Moby1 but its also $10-15k less that one of those to. I have had it out twice since I bought it and will do my best to keep those that are interested updated about how things hold up and function off the beaten path.

20180211_074327.jpg20180213_144656.jpg20180209_181430.jpg20180211_075055.jpg20180211_074945.jpg

ottsville

Observer
Those look really nice and I wish you well with it. I really like the look of them and the utility.

We own a 2016 rpod by Forest River. Having seen how that was built and how many issues owners of newer year models are having I am curious to see how the NOBO line holds up.

keendogg

Have you had issues with your r pod? If so what sorts of issues? I hope these hold up well. The trailer is pretty basic as far as electrical and plumbing so hopefully we avoid some of the issues. I have faith in the rack and awning as well as the fridge as they come from quality companies.

ottsville

Observer
We had a few issues with some interior lights that were cracked, a missing part on the AC unit, tears and weld splatter burns in the fabric liner under the floor, floor openings not being sealed and some missing screws and very poor design inside. Nothing I couldn't fix myself and my dealer(online) was good about sending the missing/damaged parts. There is a big owners group on facebook and I've seen some issues with 2017 and 2018 models posted about that shouldn't be happening. Hope they got everything right in yours.

Last edited:

Agfadoc

I've been eyeing this one for a while. Congrats, please keep us updated!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

foy1der

This one has me interested as well. I have little to no desire to bash rocks off my '17 taco. The price is there but after looking around it at the Boston RV show a couple of months ago, you can tell that it's an RV company building a trailer for off road. And maybe that's ok. If it get me and my wife outside more frequently the it does what I wanted it to do. I was hoping to make a decision on something before the tariffs but at this point, I would rather not make a decision that I regret instead of saving a few bucks.

elnip

I have a Micro-Lite Car go lite that is very similar. I haul my XR400 in it. One of the best mod I have done so far is switch the torsion axle out to the Timbren axle-less set up. It rides waay better on and off road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles