Where to purchase silicone radiator hoses for Gen 2 Montero 3.5 DOHC 6G74

rajin cajun

Adventurer
Hello,

Anyone have any ideas concerning silicone radiator hoses for gen 2 1994 Montero 6G74 engine? Mishimoto makes them for the 6G72, not my engine. I contacted a couple suppliers and I must order 100 hoses for custom orders. Thanks in advance!

Here is a link for https://www.mishimoto.com/contact/. We can request they fab them for us! Please take the time if your interested.

Cheers,

RC

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Lower hoses are the same but uppers are different, no idea why they had to make things difficult! Why not just run Gates hoses?

im with him.
new hoses and especially new clamps will keep your lovely in the juice for a long time.
further a thorough flush will be of greater value than any improvement in hose tubing.
however if you must silicone, do this: bend aluminized or SS muffler pipe in the general shape of the existing pipe. then add silcine "cuff" at each end. International did this in their trucks back in the 70's and everyone followed.
just like turbo piping.
but you might try world pac through carquest...just maybe....

rajin cajun

Adventurer
I have used gates and currently using OEM. I've found that Mitsu hoses are softer. Very dry where I reside, so I figured silicone would last a bit longer. Everything disintegrates in the desert. I see you're not too far away! Thanks for responding. I purchased some T6 for the future.......

Cheers,

RC

rajin cajun

Adventurer
im with him.
new hoses and especially new clamps will keep your lovely in the juice for a long time.
further a thorough flush will be of greater value than any improvement in hose tubing.
however if you must silicone, do this: bend aluminized or SS muffler pipe in the general shape of the existing pipe. then add silcine "cuff" at each end. International did this in their trucks back in the 70's and everyone followed.
just like turbo piping.
but you might try world pac through carquest...just maybe....

Nice idea! I had my radiator rodded a few years ago and added a 3rd core.

radiator:
yes in NM. a 3rd row is a good idea. it's a good idea genrally with an engine with aluminum heads.

I have a radiator in at hart's radiator in Longview washington right now.
it's getting 3 rows, staggered, dimpled, and the cooling fins are
louvered. my volvo fan, and we should be cool. cooler than cool.
I wish I lived in NM.
no mud there!

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
The idea of bending aluminum piping in the same shape as the OEM radiator hoses is a really good idea. I think I'll do that with mine before too long.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
The idea of bending aluminum piping in the same shape as the OEM radiator hoses is a really good idea. I think I'll do that with mine before too long.

Bad idea, keep in mind that the engine moves/vibrates and you do not want anything rigid between it and the radiator or something will fail.

Swank Force One

Adventurer
There will be couplers on both ends. Vibrations not an issue.

Adding more failure points not my favorite idea in the world, but not likely an actual issue in the real world with quality clamps.

Swank Force One

Adventurer
I don't have an opinion on the matter. Just correcting misinformation.

I'd like silicone hoses, but there aren't 99 other people that both agree AND will pay for them. So i'll use stock until i find a reason not to, or until they don't fit.

there are advantages and disadvantages.
essentially in the big trucks it was a million mile solution to apotential failure .
I suppose it would be the same in sutos.
there is a slight , perhaps not so slight opportunity for heat Frans fer in our montees with metal tubing.
I guess u have also an ability to reroute the tubing any way that suits u.
as to avoid hazards or to expose to forced air for additional cooling.
metal won't colsppae, gall, or rupture....Lotsa potential I suppose

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
We live in one of the most diverse climates in the country and never had a Gates hose fail or collapse, this includes on road, off road, and taken several previous cars to the track. If it isn't broke why try to change it?

well yes your considerations are valid and i run the gates/ dayton stuff no problem. most do.
but they have, do, and will, fail of course. Many times with no warning, or in the most inconvenient of circumstances.

i have so many back country issues and parts failures, that one fewer thing to concern myself with is sometimes comforting. even then i worry.

even so there is a use for silicone, and even steel tubing for many different reasons and purposes.

i might mention here that silicone requires silicone compatible clamps, but everyone knew that , just sayin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online