Help me pick a vehicle...please

AlexCold

Observer
I would love to convert my 'burb to 4wd. But every time I read about someone wanting to do a 2wd to 4wd conversion you get some yahoo saying "just sell the 2wd and buy a 4wd"
My Suburban had a TBI 454,4l80e, 14blt FF with 4.10, a divorced tranfercase would not bother me at all.

I don't believe that to be true. In this case I don't believe it will be that much more work to do. Sure you'll need to add a transfer case but you mentioned changing it out anyways.

As for the strength of converting a gmt400 2wd frame to SAS, I don't believe ORD would sell the kit if it wasn't safe.

Manimal70

Then, Im going to have to look into it. That would be awesome. I would just add a divirced 205 and call it good. Thank you!

Hackopotomus

Observer
I don't believe that to be true. In this case I don't believe it will be that much more work to do. Sure you'll need to add a transfer case but you mentioned changing it out anyways.

As for the strength of converting a gmt400 2wd frame to SAS, I don't believe ORD would sell the kit if it wasn't safe.

Yeah, if you are going to do the work of a SAS and auto to manual conversion, adding in a t-case is not a big deal. Frame bracing isn't much work either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier