Anyone run slide in with tool boxes? See some pics

Skinhyfish

Observer
Getting ready to upgrade diesel with flatbed and toolboxes for slide in.. Anyone have pics of their setups? Love to see some. Lots of people have been doing the flatbed camper, but the tool boxes is nice for camp gear.. lets see some pics

We are adding our fleet to the bed to save over cab height and more room for tool boxes.

Paredneck

Observer
I'm running a grandby shell on my flatbed with toolboxes on the sides. Ive never figured out how to post pics here but if you message me I can send you some

Getting ready to upgrade diesel with flatbed and toolboxes for slide in.. Anyone have pics of their setups? Love to see some. Lots of people have been doing the flatbed camper, but the tool boxes is nice for camp gear.. lets see some pics

We are adding our fleet to the bed to save over cab height and more room for tool boxes.

I'm thinking of doing this myself. Here's a couple of pictures I found on the net.

FWC on Flatbed 1.jpg
Broverlanding Tacoma.jpg

Ohaul

Ohaul, what's that platform out the back with the steps attached to it? Is that some sort of pull-out from underneath the camper? FYI: your pictures won't enlarge.

4JC I don't know why the little expand tab is there, that is the size of the pics I was trying to post.
I cut open part of the floor in the service bed, Installed a bed slide and made a false floor over the top of the slide.
the camper needed a little vertical help to get over the sides of the service bed. So I combined the idea of spacer and bed slide, made the top of the bed slide a porch and tire carrier. It works really well. The expanded metal that acts as the floor of the porch helps keep the sand out of the camper.
Here are some more pics and some bigger pics:
Cutting the service bed
tw1rxn8.jpg

A big hole
gpHENfb.jpg

Test fit
Q8twQ7U.jpg

New steel and slide installed
F60P0Zo.jpg

Installed, paint and a splash shield
kdNWMuX.jpg

Camper sub-floor
9fOiYC8.jpg

Porch V1.0 (no tire carrier)
lcWly48.jpg

First big trip with this set-up was Expo East '17
qVYWVjC.jpg

T1SBVEY.jpg

MKfUa74.jpg

BigDawwg

-[Gettin-it Done]-
1976 F250HD 4x4 with 1981 Lance 400

Ordered the Truck "New" in 76, from Crater Lake Ford, Medford, OR. Built the Flatbed with Side Boxes in 78-79,,,, Bought the Lance New in 1981, been gettin-it-done for about 40yrs now,,,, Truck turned over 400,000K this summer,,,, So there you go, get-ya-some.:bike_rider:
And after 40yrs,,,, there are plenty of Back-Stories.
BD

View attachment 436553View attachment 436554View attachment 436555View attachment 436557

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles