Quietest 35 inch tire Toyota Tundra

RGRMIKE

I've had BFG AT's in the past. I would agree that they're NOT worth the premium price. However, other's have other opinions and have ran a lot more tires than I have so perhaps they know better. Everyone is going to have a different opinion and different requirements for their rig. I personally like to replace my tires around 40-45K. I like the softer compound and don't mind replacing more often. In my experience higher mileage tires get very hard and the traction becomes drastically decreased even though they have some tread life left.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
This is the truck i'm considering. The guy is asking a lot of money for it though and I feel like its really risky buying a used modified truck like this.

From the pictures ,it looks very well taken care of. Depending on whether or not you think the price is fair I'd say it looks purchasable. Hard to see the lift from the pictures, but it looks like a BDS. I'd be interested to see what sort of aftermarket shocks it has, or if it only has spacers for the lift. I know that the Rock Warrior models seem to be in high demand. As far as I can think, the only real issue some Tundra's may have is the cam tower leak. I'd confirm that doesn't exist, or if it was a problem that it can be proven it has been repaired. I love my 2014 Tundra, wouldn't trade it for another gas powered truck out there. My sister has a 2012 Tundra and she would tell you the same.

wilderness

Adventurer
From the pictures ,it looks very well taken care of. Depending on whether or not you think the price is fair I'd say it looks purchasable. Hard to see the lift from the pictures, but it looks like a BDS. I'd be interested to see what sort of aftermarket shocks it has, or if it only has spacers for the lift. I know that the Rock Warrior models seem to be in high demand. As far as I can think, the only real issue some Tundra's may have is the cam tower leak. I'd confirm that doesn't exist, or if it was a problem that it can be proven it has been repaired. I love my 2014 Tundra, wouldn't trade it for another gas powered truck out there. My sister has a 2012 Tundra and she would tell you the same.

Yeah it has the 7” BDS lift and he has the fox shocks in the rear and it looked like the original struts in the front. He also has fuel wheels. If he didn't re-gear it though than thats pretty bad right? I'm trying to find out if its been done.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Yeah it has the 7” BDS lift and he has the fox shocks in the rear and it looked like the original struts in the front. He also has fuel wheels. If he didn’t re-gear it though than thats pretty bad right? I’m trying to find out if its been done.
It looks like maybe it has 35" tires? If it has the 4.3 gears and 5.7 motor it will be more than satisfactory. From what I've read you really don't need to go up to the 4.8 gears until you go to 37" and above tires. I have the 5.7 motor, with 34.5" tires and the 4.3 stock gears and the truck has ridiculous torque and power.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

SportsmanJake

Adventurer

A 7" BDS drop bracket lift would be a deal breaker for me.

You can completely clear 35s on a 2nd gen with a couple inch lift and some cutting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles