Quietest 35 inch tire Toyota Tundra

wilderness

Adventurer
What is the quietest 35x12.50R20 All Terrain tire? I always had michelin ltx at2’s Which look aggressive enough for me, and they were quiet just a very slight hum, but they don’t make them in this size. I briefly drove a tundra with 35 inch Toyo M/T tires only up to about 40 mph and they were way way too loud. I would like an all-terrain tire not mud terrain and not a street/highway tire.

bkg

Explorer
I have found Cooper tires to be pretty quiet, and all around great tires. I run the SST Maxx

Our Cooper AT’s whine quite a bit. Much louder than my Grabber AT2’s. We are replacing the Coopers with Falken Wildpeak AT’s. In reading about them, the feedback is that they are very quiet. I guess we’ll see

99Yota

Observer
Between BFG KO2s and Nitto Terra Grapplers, the KO2s are less noisy. Haven't had a chance to drive the KO2s in snow but I suspect snow performance may be better. Both sets of Nittos have held up to a minimum of 50K though.

LikeABoss

Observer
I am driving a 2015 GMC 2500. I put about 40k miles on 35” Toyo RTs. They were pretty quiet but a little hum at freeway speeds. I decided to try to Nitto Ridge Grapplers when I moved to 37”. They are amazingly quiet despite being more aggressive than the RT.

2015.5 GMC duramax
4.5” BDS, Deavers, airbags, Fox, 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fusion bumper, Warn 12S Platinum
Schutt flatdeck extended camper build

downhill

Adventurer
It's a matter of perspective I guess. To me, most of the manufacturers of offroad and AT tires are doing a pretty good job of keeping noise down. Back before radials ruled the road, all good offroad tires were bias ply. Anyone ever run ******** Cepek Offroaders? Those damn things had a skull crushing howl, and it took a good 20 miles to get them smoothed out. It was hell on the guy driving behind me! On a cold morning the flat spot in the tire would beat the hell out of you. I ran them on my 69 Bronco, but luckily I was young back then. To me, all the better tires offered for our use are quiet.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Ko2 are the best all around tire out there. Very quiet for an aggressive AT. I've owned 4 sets now on 4 rigs. Only a slight compromise in deep mud (need more RPM) otherwise work awesome (snow, wet, rocks, gravel, sand, etc). Track well. They work great on my rock crawler Taco too.

I've owned/run: Toyo MTs, Toyo AT, Destination MT, Swamper TSL, Michelin LTX, Cooper ST Maxx, BFG KM2, BFG KM, Goodyear MTR, Duratrac and others.

tjalward

Observer
Ko2 are the best all around tire out there. Very quiet for an aggressive AT. I've owned 4 sets now on 4 rigs. Only a slight compromise in deep mud (need more RPM) otherwise work awesome (snow, wet, rocks, gravel, sand, etc). Track well. They work great on my rock crawler Taco too.

I've owned/run: Toyo MTs, Toyo AT, Destination MT, Swamper TSL, Michelin LTX, Cooper ST Maxx, BFG KM2, BFG KM, Goodyear MTR, Duratrac and others.

Wow!! With that many tires run previously, your review really means something. That is A LOT of reference and perspective, both of the tires run and the conditions used. Thanks for that great feedback and information!

thezentree

pretend redneck
Consider some Falken AT3Ws too. I don't know for sure that they come in that size but I would surprised if they didn't. They are a little quieter than the KO2s I had previously.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I've been very pleased with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Tundra. Their on highway manners and quietness have been happily surprising.

bkg

Explorer

Used to be all I would run was the BFG AT. But now, I can't justify the $50-75/tire premium they tend to require.

RGRMIKE

I run Toyo Open Country AT 285/75R16 on my 2001 Land Cruiser. Personally, I think it's a great tire. I live on the Front Range so a lot of snow, ice, sand, dirt etc. They're quite on the highway and give me the performance I like. They're not a mud tire but work really well for a daily driver. I'm going to replace the GeoLanders that are on my Tundra with the Toyo's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles