Canter 4x4 Airbag, exhaust and diff question

wanderlust53

Hi

Well the rat race has just about driven me nuts so I am looking at a Canter 4X4 with super singles and parabolics on the rear that needs a bit of work (FG649 2006 119k km) I would get the front springs reset, bushes etc and was considering an airbag setup for the front and Timbren bump stops etc. Will airbag systems stand up to corrugations or am I asking for trouble? I was thinking that they might help with body roll or am I mistaken?
How can I tell from the VIN number if I have LSD fitted and there is an orange sticker inside the drivers door that warns about using the correct oil if one is fitted. I use a vin decoder for BMW that breaks it right down but havent had much luck finding one that does the same for Japanese trucks. The truck has a stack that comes up between the cab and tray and was wondering if a 3" system would be worth fitting to the vehicle or a waste of money.

Shane

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi,
It should have a LSD. I sm pretty sure all FG649 had LSD.Should have a sticker near the filler plug, if you want to be sure jack a wheel up snd see if you can spin it. Dont forget to take the hand brake off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles