Anyone here right angle'd their Partner Steel Stove gas input?

aaen

Adventurer
Call Partner Steel. They're really good about making up custom bits. Will likely cost more than having something made locally but it will save you a lot of effort and you'll know it will be done right.

I'm not sure that is the case these days. I tried to have them make a custom-sized dutch oven (to fit in a drawer). I was told that it would need to be cleared by the fabrication team and I could expect it to cost 4 to 6 times the MSRP of the standard size. I declined.

Too bad. I really wanted one and would have paid double. I got the feeling that they are trying to get away from custom work.

Custom work takes up a lot of time. Not to mention they need to adjust tooling/etc. Ive ran into this with rv water tank manufactures. Wanting 4-5 times as much to weld in some supports. I can understand but at the same time don’t offer the service if your going to price it so the customer will say no. Its a waste of time for both parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iowalr4

Adventurer
Anyone ever solve this issue? I really need a lower profile connection to the cook partner stove I just got. The 16" stove is larger than I expected.

Tedski

I just converted a new Eureka two burner stove from one pound propane tank to a 5lb mounted on my roof rack.
To start I found the brass fitting on the side of the stove was also proprietary! I took the top off the stove to see what was inside. After the proprietary fitting there was another fitting that reduced down to allow 1/4 copper tubing to be hand soldered in. From there the tubing went to the burner controls. I cut the copper tubing and ripped out all the proprietary suff. I drilled a new access hole in the back of the stove, made a bracket to allow a 1/4" NPT male quick connect to stick out. I went on Amazon and got two brass NPT couplings , a compresion fittings, a female quick disconnect, and some copper tubing. Took me a couple of hours to make the change. I mounted the stove in pullout drawer and now I snap the propane line on and off and just push the stove away. Works great. Total cost was about $40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier