Rollacot and Lightspeed Outdoors XL Mattress Review

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I bought two each of the Rollacot standards and these Self Inflating pads from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071SGCYB5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried the $200 Thermarest Basecamp stuff at Cabelas and it was hyper comfy but there was no way I could bring myself to put that much coin into the setup. I went out on a limb and bought these $80 pads from Amazon. But we'll get back to that.

I went with the Roll-A-Cots due to being able to use them in my truck bed with them not having a center support. They set up quickly, pack easily, the bag they come in hooks to the cot for storage for books, water bottle, headlamp, etc. They are a great piece of kit, setup reasonably fast and are really sturdy. Extremely happy with the buy.

On to the Lightspeed Outdoors pads. These pads are every bit as nice as the Thermarest pads. They have two valves at the head to allow fast inflation/deflation. They come with a nice bag to store them in. Best of all, the cot/pad setup is just as comfortable as my memory foam mattress at home. It's seriously one of the best nights sleep I've ever had. The only thing I'd do differently is to get the wide rollacot so the pad sits better between the rails. I went with the regular one's due to wanting to have a little more space between them if I wanted to use them in the truck bed.

That's it. That's all I've got. If you are car camping, save $100 and buy this instead of the Thermarest pad. And if you are currently using a cot only, add a sleeping pad. It's the best thing ever.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
We have a pair of the Thermarest DreamTime XL pads and were worth every penny, had them almost 7 years and never had an issue. We also have a Lightspeed full size mattress for guests that has help up well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles