My Rough n Ready Arctic Taco slow build

Arctic Taco

Adventurer
Greetings all,
The Arctic Taco is a 98 SR5 ext cab Tacoma- 3.4L 5spd 4x4 125k on the clock, a bit rough but basically solid:

Started in 2011 I think as a replacement for my old Caravan as a road tripping rig to keep down in the states and use during the annual migration in the spring. Love driving the Alcan but it is a long drive and it sucks getting calendar bit= better to take it slow than have to rush.

It occurred to me as a long time lurker, that I haven't started a build thread on this forum. So here it begins, it is a budget build, as there are 3 rigs in my build category. Due to bandwidth restrictions here on the ship, I will start out with the link to my build I started on TW. Hope to flesh it out with some pics later this spring:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/my-rough-n-ready-taco-slow-build.302986/#post-12284552

Work to date
front timing cover seal R/R
RH LCA R/R
883 OME coils and Bilstien 5100 and a Daystar AAL
$275 ARE topper off Craigslist
Diff drop
Deck plate mod
new aftermarket headlights and taillights
ARB front bumper IPF road lights (came together)
Homemade rear bumper version 1.0
Relentless sliders

Current status sitting in the driveway at my place up north waiting for me to return and finish- TRD header and new Borla exhaust, knock sensor replacement, valve cover gaskets and maybe injectors. New aluminum radiator to replace the leaking OEM radiator and maybe a bit of suspension work possibly some Daystar lifting shackles.

More follows

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles