1995 Ford Econoline E350 4x4

sackettmw

Cool truck. Hope you can get it at a reasonable price. I've bid on some things on govdeals lately (a couple awd vans and a couple trailers) and then watched them get into no longer a deal territory.

eporter

Adventurer
If this goes high enough I might be inspired to 4wd convert my ambo!

*still hoping someone gets a deal and posts about it on Expo*

Pangle

Wanderer
Damn, Nope I did not. I had my mind set I was only going to around 10k and had bid up to $10,002 . Unfortunately I was tied up all day and did not follow it, I assumed it would go for more. Had I been on top of it I prob would have gone to 11k.... Oh well, there will be something else!

Rockey709

I’d like to introduce myself as the bad guy who DID Get this rare bird. I immediately ran to portal to see what others are doing and to inspire my fourth coming build and I saw this thread. I was grateful and guilty feeling as I read through this, but it’s going to a good home.

* Pangle sorry sorry sorry (and yes, there will be another). I’ll do my best to at least share my build for all to enjoy.

Off to southern CA she goes. Stay posted.

eporter

Adventurer
Rockey PLEASE post a thread with some good pics! Will be a great base to start from. I was tempted to bid, but I'll have to settle for my 2wd minimod for the time being. You road tripping cross country? I was contemplating how long it would take to get me to OR. Would have to stop and some ski areas on the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pangle

Wanderer
Rocky, nicely done! I think its going to be a great rig for ya! Let me know if you have any questions during your build. I am no ambo expert but I have done 5 or so builds of ambos. Congrats again and we are all looking forward to your progress.

s

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Yea Rocky. You can always PM me or start a thread. Im working on a Type 2 Ambo made by Leader and converted by Advanced 4 Wheel in Utah. I bought it that way. Its been challenging.

Rockey709

Thanks all for the support. After a night of tossing and turning, I decided to ship it rather than fly there and drive a total unknown vehicle 2100 miles ?.

Oddly a thread on pirate4x4 spooked me on mini mods late last night regarding their “very poor” drivability due to single rears. He went on to say that having been a EMT for his whole life, there’s nothing worse blah blah and it scared me into making he call. Oh well... I was looking forward to the drive and the peril a bit in honesty, but it’s better to have it dropped and then the work will begin.

I feel like I will lean on this group a lot, so get your cameras and idea books ready!!

I’m trying to squeeze 2 youngins and a wife into this rig when I’m all done so if you have any good sleeping arrangements or stacking bed ideas, I’m your huckleberry.

Rockey709

Ps; this is my first American diesel build! I’ve done several imported HJ61 Landcruiser’s with 12-HT Hino engines and set them up as “overlanders” so to speak.

I’d love to know if anyone has, or could create a short list of “look fors” on this engine and chassis?

I’m a do it your selfer with 60% the skill of others in this field and any nudges towards a more solid rig and preventative type maint would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles