2002 Freightliner Sprinter 140 WB High Roof 190K on it in Connecticut $7200

Rocketsled

2002 Freightliner Sprinter 140 WB High Roof 190K on it
Has some miles on it but the van (engine, trans, etc has been well maintained and needs nothing to be reasonably reliable or safe.
• This year does not have the troublesome turbo resonator
• Intake manifold was replaced under recall by Freightliner dealer
• No Emission fluid, doesn't need ULSD but burns it fine
• Transmission just had the internal circuit board replaced and was checked by a Certified Mercedes Tech, who said it was incredibly clean inside with zero contamination of the fluid
• New Tires, 15” The correct Commercial duty size and rating Nokians (beware of early Sprinters with Load range “C” tires, they are not the same and not safe ) Nearly 1K installed
• Seats are from an older GMC Denali they are leather with something like 8 or 10 way adjustability, they have heaters ( I do not have the heat hooked up..) they are ridiculously comfortable.. the original crappy seats come with the van as well
• Drives like new.. really, despite the miles it handles and steers better than my last domestic van did when it was new, despite the hi-roof it holds the road well and is strong and smooth. Personally, I would drive it anywhere.. but there are no guarantees (I have no crystal ball)

• 10 speed MaxxFan in roof (crank to open it is broken, I either wedge it all the way open or closed.) Fan works fine and there is a remote.. so you don't need to get out of bed to turn it on/off or reverse the flow, it is fixable if you wanted to.
• Sturdy roof rack (I have previously had a decking on it to use as a photography platform)
• Rear ladder for accessing the roof
• Trailer hitch, standard 4 pin wiring done right ( No trailer brake controller) no hitch balls included
• Inside there is E-track on the walls, I used this for mounting a deck for a residential queen mattress when we took it cross country in 2011, (3000 miles in 2 weeks) but you can get tie-down rings as well
• 1700lbs. winch in rear, can be easily removed but works great for loading motorcycles, tractors, mobility scooters, machinery parts etc.
• 2 16” spare tires
Negatives..?
• The A/C does not hold a charge for very long
• Have not had the brake's wear checked in a while.. might need those in the near future but they work fine and stop well without noises or pulling.. just sayin
• Small areas of rust on passenger front fender seam (bubbling and driver's side entry step could be fixed or left alone underside looks good with nothing but scattered minor surface rust
• Roof is insulated, walls are not.
• Rear door lower sill is missing plastic cover.. just cosmetic, you could replace if you want
• The paint has numerous little chips and scratches, dings
• The big Hella lights in the pictures DO NOT come with the van
• I will miss it.. it has hauled numerous motorcycles, scooters and moved numerous people's stuff... and been our window to numerous good times giving a panoramic view of the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, the Black Hills surrounded by Buffalo, Mule Deer, Elk and Grizzlies along the way.
• We have 6 cars and 4 motorcycles and 3 scooters.. Need to downsize the fleet in prep for a move. Sprinter just doesn't get used enough..

Thanks Rocketsled (Fred)
Please PM with questions.

Van front leftqtr-COPY.jpg
20180205_143728-COPY.jpg
20180205_143728-COPY.jpg
20180205_143822-COPY.jpg
20180205_144103-COPY.jpg
20180205_144132-COPY.jpg
20180205_143930-COPY.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members