Tire Recommendations for GMT800 Tahoe?

rayra

Expedition Leader
? Sidewall height is right in the tire size. 265/70-17, the 70 means sidewall height is 70% (185mm) of the width (265mm). Or do you mean something else when you say 'sidewall height'?

rkj__

Adventurer
I got some Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 installed on my truck last fall. I chose them for their good wear and wet traction ratings. They are smooth and quiet. They have the snowflake symbol for severe snow service.

I think they are a good choice, if you want an AT tire, but will do mostly highway driving.

My application is mostly highway, but I wanted an AT for towing my small teardrop travel trailer out of muddy or uneven campsites. I also like to explore off road trails if the opportunity presents itself, but that does not happen much these days.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

? Sidewall height is right in the tire size. 265/70-17, the 70 means sidewall height is 70% (185mm) of the width (265mm). Or do you mean something else when you say 'sidewall height'?

Meaning overall tire diameter, my bad

Here are some handy calculators The last one converts metric tire sizes to diameter :)

Thanks!

I like this page for comparing tire sizes...

https://tiresize.com/comparison/
I run 255/80/17's for comparison... same height as 285/70/17's but shouldn't cause any clearance issues

That sounds good to me, I'd like to stay in the 31-33 range, how is the fuel economy with 255s?

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
That sounds good to me, I'd like to stay in the 31-33 range, how is the fuel economy with 255s?

Can't do a real comparison as I installed bigger tires relatively soon after getting the truck. Roughly 9.5 to 11.5 city and 15 to 17 highway... but I have 3.55's

HighPlains

Observer
Ive had good luck with the AT3 and ATP's, they were quiet and I never really had an issue with traction except for the ATP's left something to be desired on ice. For what it's worth my experience with Duratracs can be summed up as good traction, soft sidewalls, and they are noisy from day one. I havent had much experience with the BFG AT KO2 but thus far have been impressed. For the money Im a Cooper fan though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke