Sold ...... Family friendly hardcore tent trailer

silvrzuki77

explorer
813e7a853439226d747866dfbf901d4b.jpg

2009 Starcraft 1701 tent trailer. Box length is rough 8 feet not including.

Full sub frame out that was built of 2"x3" steel tubing with independent trailing arms on air bags with shocks. Currently each bag is separated and is a manual fill.

The interior has a dinette that turns into a bed and two slide out beds. One bed is 56"x 78" the other is 40"x78". I added reflective insulation under them for warmth.

The dinette has large storage compartments under both seats that I made larger and sealed.

I installed a 30 gallon water tank underneath the trailer in the rear. With the weight centered this way you can lift the front of the trailer by hand but still have enough tongue weight to tow smooth at 75 mph.

Has a propane furnace inside that keep the kiddos warm!!! Has a standard bbq tank that has lasted us 3 nights through january death valley trips including cooking.

Sink with electric water pump and stove.

Has a 3 way fridge, but I just use it for dry food storage.

I installed a 12V plug trailer plug interior for my dometic fridge that sits above the stock fridge when setup. Fridge not included

I modified all the cubby holes to be larger and store to store extra gear and what not. Amazing how much wasted space

Also added about 60' of 1"x2" poplar wood to interior to help with strength!!!!!

I modified a set of military metal fenders to fit where the tiny stock fenders were.

3500# axle that has built in manual parking brakes that I haven't setup.

front and rear stabilizers along with rear ammo cans on each side with a full spare tire.

On the tongue is a propane tank, group 29 deep cycle battery, and wireless winch to raise the roof up.

Currently sitting on the H3 rims and 35" tires.

Roughly 1700# with new frame suspension and water tank installed

Added tie down supports to the roof to keep it bouncing around in the wind. (made a HUGE difference in high winds)

I'm sure I am missing stuff lol. It was a big upgrade for comfort being able to sit inside with the kids eat, cook, and fire up the heater when it got cold out. Here is a link to the build.

The first page is missing some photos but the rest should be there.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/130089-UAV-TT-(off-road-tent-trailer)-build

I have a video of the suspension in action going across the desert pretty neat to see the trailer soak everything up. Have to figure how to upload!

$8000 and located in Las Vegas.

Thanks!
Chris

Im sure it will be asked why am I selling..... I am building out my E350 to be self contained and the fact we bought a 28' travel trailer that we are using quite a lot. Any question feel free to email me. Silvrzuki77@hotmail.com

1ae8467c8eaf6e66ef759f14c47b40ff.jpg
e0eb6d80aefbb10c897146afae9f040c.jpg
ee87ecd75c00abca89295bafb770e832.jpg
ead9c2555728bdeab9dc8c9603551326.jpg
39293780f476f56973353a5013988b3c.jpg
27f7e88017f8465d0be56e01a407e11a.jpg
0572795456678b8cd006b4e726f69737.jpg

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

explorer
Oh I forgot to mention has a exterior propane connection and the bbq attaches to the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olive236

Observer
Anyone who takes the time to view the build of this unit will see the expertise and diligence put into this trailer. Having purchased Chris's off-road teardrop - and put it through over 20K miles of use - I can attest to his ability to build a sturdy trailer. I'd be talking to you Chris about the trailer if I wasn't still lovin' the TD.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Want to apologize to a few. I’m not getting notices or responses and pm’s notifications through Tapatalk. Pm replied!!

shellb

Adventurer
I’m having trouble linking to the build thread. Anyone else having the same thing?

Would you say this would sleep 4?

Cool build and just in time for spring!

silvrzuki77

explorer
I’m having trouble linking to the build thread. Anyone else having the same thing?

Would you say this would sleep 4?

Cool build and just in time for spring!

Link doesn’t work? I’m out in the desert camping. spotty reception so I can’t check at the moment. It’s listed on expo as UAV TT if you do a search and I will see what’s up with the link.

We sleep 4 in it, 3 boys and myself. If my wife goes we take the bigger bed for us. The two older take the other slide out bed and my youngest sleeps on the dinette bed.

shellb

Adventurer
Thanks for the quick reply! Jealous you’re camping! Enjoy.

Not sure about the build link. It isn’t working on my mobile but I’ll swap over to a pc.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Added the weight since I left that out. Factory weight was stock at 1390# roughly about 1700 # now. Wife’s 2011 pathfinder pulls it really well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles