12v Deep cycle battery chassis mount

jrfromafar

Adventurer
I'm wanting a place to carry a deep cycle battery to power a 12v fridge for my Alaskan camper in my Ford 2014 Super Duty pickup. I do not want it in the wheel well area so am looking at below the bed attached to the chassis. Best I can find is a bracket made by Torklift for $200 - anyone know of a better solution?

llamalander

I'm working on hanging a stainless steel sink between my frame rails to hold 1-2 batteries.
I want the AGM I have to be able to vent if required and drain if immersed, and an $89 sink seems to fit the bill.
It's located with a few rivnuts through the floor of the cab, but supported by a length of uni-strut bolted to the frame.
I've cut in a Bluesea weatherproof breaker to protect the line coming out & shut off the system if required.
All the other electronics are inside the cab under the rear passenger seat, warm & dry.
I have to use a jack to raise the enclosure and attach it, but my hope is that I will not have to access the battery while I'm on the road.
The battery sits on a square of plywood and is secured with a few more pieces of wood, so I expect the sink to be able to take a few scrapes and bumps without doing any harm.
With all the hardware, I suspect I've spent $130 so far & spent a good amount of time on my back trying to make it work.
A $200 bracket may be worth your time, but I would feel a little naked without some form of protection-

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
You don't really need an enclosure, you just need to mount the battery solidly and out of the way. Here is the dual Grp 34 setup under the cab of my Dodge. Boxes came from Summit Racing, modified with some angle iron to strengthen and facilitate secure mounting. One of these has been under the truck since 2007, second one was added a couple years ago. They have been through the desert, buried in sand up to axles, submerged in rain and mud, no problems.photo 7.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Rezarf <><

Explorer
^^^^^This.

Get a good steel battery box from one of many manufacturers and cut and paste new metal on as necessary. The AGM (Optima/Deka/etc) can be mounted in any position, just make sure your positive feeds are well covered and you can pop one in nearly anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles