Ram 5500 is here

zb39

Adventurer
I will way it fully loaded this weekend on our way to FL. Spare fit in basement.

Attachments

• IMG_2289.jpg
    IMG_2289.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2290.jpg
    IMG_2290.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 174

One shot

Observer
I will way it fully loaded this weekend on our way to FL. Spare fit in basement.
Very Nice.
If you could, a pic from the back? How much of the camper is on/ off the end of the 9.4’ bed. Our Host dealer suggested a 8’ bed. And did you consider/ price a standard pickup bed?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Explorerinil

Observer
Sweet looking setup. I think the RAM platform is best for that application. Have you weighed in at the scaled yet with the camper on the back?

I agree 100%, I have had 7 of them with the exemption of 6 months I had a gmc duramax Denali, after that pos being in the shop 9 times in 6 months and having an “unrepairable electrical problem”, even gm engineers were sent down to work on the pos. I drove it to the ram dealer and went back to ram, I'll never buy anything else.

zb39

Adventurer
I can get 8.5 feet of the camper on the bed. More than that and you start hitting things in the back of the camper, IE the wings etc. My CM bed is 9.4 feet long. I did not consider a regular pick up bed for a few reasons. The cost to buy and install it. The flat bed is stronger and easier to configure with tool boxes for storage.

It's below freezing here now. When I get south tomorrow I will fill with water and weigh it. Guessing I will be around 16500 with 3 adults and 74 gal of fuel.

One shot

Observer
I can get 8.5 feet of the camper on the bed. More than that and you start hitting things in the back of the camper, IE the wings etc. My CM bed is 9.4 feet long. I did not consider a regular pick up bed for a few reasons. The cost to buy and install it. The flat bed is stronger and easier to configure with tool boxes for storage.

It's below freezing here now. When I get south tomorrow I will fill with water and weigh it. Guessing I will be around 16500 with 3 adults and 74 gal of fuel.

Thanks for the info. Best of luck with it and keep us updated.

ripperj

Explorer
Awesome truck, a 5500 is my next truck too. I have USAA too, I wonder what the issue was? I have a Ram 2500 now with them, I just assumed a 3500 or bigger would be no sweat

zb39

Adventurer
Got back Sunday. 2100 miles and no issues. Truck handled great. kept the cruise around 65-68. Computer said 8.6mpg total. I love the huge tanks, I can pick where I want to get fuel. I filled in SC and had full water and empty gray/black. 3 adults and a lot of stuff. 16660 total, 11500 rear and 5160 front. Well below all specs. I ordered 6 DZ tool coxes to mount yesterday. Had a great time. Next trip is Knob Creek in April.

zb39

Adventurer
I'm trying to post pics but having trouble......................Maybe I could email them to somebody..............

Kali

On the Host forum someone mentioned they pay $65 a month for their 5500 through State Farm for personal use only.

One shot

Observer
I'm trying to post pics but having trouble......................Maybe I could email them to somebody..............

fa3fed0cc78fed529d9fbb0370a72978.jpg
76dab5c87bd7d4869c56e234f1f33e6b.jpg
0c3240a1ea8aa534f65f2d6e3357d8e2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles