Adventure Trailers Chaser #15

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Hello All, Just thought I would share my one night adventure with you guys. The Chaser #15 finally got a chance to play in the dirt. We left San Diego and headed out to Anza Borrego. It was Hot and I loved it! The trailer as usual far exceeded my expectations. There were times when I all most forget it was there! Loved the extra storage space and because the Jeep was empty it actually seemed to ride better. I have posted a lot of photographs mainly because I feel a picture is worth a lot more than words. So enjoy and let me know what you think.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EatWzFu0cPdg&notag=1

Justin
2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Adventure Trailers Chaser #15

Last edited:

articulate

Expedition Leader
Gear said:
I have posted a lot of photographs mainly because I feel a picture is worth a lot more than words. So enjoy and let me know what you think.

Justin
Cool!

So.....donde estan?

Gear

Que -- Like I tell the kind people of Mexico. I don't understand. I think you are asking where are the photographs. Sorry I hit too many buttons to fast and had to go back and edit it.

Justin

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Great shots! That's a great looking setup, what kind of mpg do you get pulling that trailer??

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Nice!! :bowdown:

Great looking trailer. It really compliments the Rubicon very well. Nice job on putting together such a cool outfit!

Love this pic -

So may I ask what the flat rack on top of the Jeep is for?

Gear

Ryanmb21 Great shots! That's a great looking setup, what kind of mpg do you get pulling that trailer??
I honestly do not know what the milage with the trailer is. This Rubicon is highly modified with 4:88 gears and 35" tires. So before the trailer I was getting 11 mpg. Do to the fact that I have taken all of the weight out of the Jeep and simple put it into the trailer I believe I should be able to get close to the same. For me it is not a matter of mpg but rather can I go 200 miles before filling up again.:smiley_drive:

kcowyo So may I ask what the flat rack on top of the Jeep is for?
Of course, the rack on the top of the Jeep is the second custom rack I have had made. The first one was on my 97 Wrangler. I use it for moving just about anything I can put on top (ie couch, wood, Thule box). It also serves as a double sun shade for the desert and a single shade for when the Jeeps top is off and the windshield is down. The center section tubes are Yakima sized so all of my bicycle, kayak and Thule box just bolt right up. Up until I got the trailer I would put a Thule Rocket box on one side and then sleep on the otherside. Worked out great! I can remove the rear cross bars and slide the hard top right out the back. I personally could not live with a Jeep without such a rack. I also like the fact that I can mount lights, CB, VHF radio on the rack. Here are some pictures of the Jeep with the rack in use.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EatWzFu0cPmA&notag=1

Thanks for the feedback

Justin

blupaddler

Conspirator
:jump:

Wow! VERY nice...I dig the black rims too.

EXCEPT...you have got to be nuts to go out to Anza Borrego right now. I am dying with all this heat and humidity. Argghhh!!!

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
blupaddler said:
:jump:

EXCEPT...you have got to be nuts to go out to Anza Borrego right now. I am dying with all this heat and humidity. Argghhh!!!

You're right, I think that its hotter in Borrego than it is here right now... he must be nuts :violent-smiley-031:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Justin, sweet pictures! I really like the nightime shot with the trailer lit up by he running lights and interior LEDs, very cool, looks like an alien vessel. Beam me up!:xxrotflma

Gear

Here is the photo. Looking forward to seeing it used on the website Mario.

47b6d901b3127cce8b743cee3c9e00000026108EatWzFu0cO

I really like those LED lights inside the trailer.

This is my favorite shot from the trip.
47b6d901b3127cce8b74384dbd0f00000026108EatWzFu0cO

With the badlands in the background it looks like I'm driving on the moon. Plus I had a great time towing the trailer on this part of our adventure. Having very little experience towing a trailer I sure was impressed with its handling.

Justin
2006 Adventure Trailers Chaser #15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94