HD wheels for ford F350

I can't seem to find any aftermarket wheels for my Super Duty that are more than 3600# rated. I'm looking for a 16x9 or 16x10 wheel with a 4-4.5 backspacing. Is 3600# enough? Maybe I'm overthinking this? Given that 2 wheels would be 7200# and my tires will rate about the same, maybe that's fine? I'll sometimes be carrying a 3000# camper on rough roads. That should still keep me under the rating, but it makes me a little nervous.

Looking for thoughts and feedback before dropping $1000 on a set of wheels.

Thanks!

(I'm sure this has been covered before but the 'search' was not strong with this one.)

Monte

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
As long as you stay below the rating, you will be perfectly fine.
You will probably hit the tire load rating before the wheel rating.
What tire and size are you planning on running?

FYI, Im running Raceline Defender wheels on my Superduty
They are rated at 3650

Mine are 18x9 though, running 35's that are rated to 4080lbs

Not sure if they are even made in a 16" variety with a good load rating.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'd think it's going to be tough to find 16s with a high rating as 16" tires don't go very high. If you are willing to step up in wheel size the Method NV HDs are rated at 4500#.

I’m ok with 18s. A little less sidewall when airing down, but better ride when loaded.

Tires I’m looking at are rated 3800#.

I looked at the Method NV. Thought they were rated 3500#. Will look again. Will also check out the Raceline wheels.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ahhhh....finally found the Method NV HD. I'd been looking at the regular NV, only rated 3600#. THANKS! First wheel I've found that is rated that high!!

@Bayou Boy, what size tire are you running? Do you know the backspacing? How much lift? Any rubbing? I want to put these on my Super Duty with 4" lift and run 325 65/18s or 35 12.5/18s. Would really appreciate any input!!

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
You should consult with Innov8 forged wheels. They have a non-beadlock out now that is super high load

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Ahhhh....finally found the Method NV HD. I'd been looking at the regular NV, only rated 3600#. THANKS! First wheel I've found that is rated that high!!

@Bayou Boy, what size tire are you running? Do you know the backspacing? How much lift? Any rubbing? I want to put these on my Super Duty with 4" lift and run 325 65/18s or 35 12.5/18s. Would really appreciate any input!!

I run the 18x9 +18BS but that won't matter since I have a Ram and you have a Superduty. What fits on my truck means nothing for your truck. I run 315/70r18s. I wouldn't want the squatty 325/65s. Frankly If someone made a 295/75r18 I'd be all over that. Since the 315/70r18 is as close as it gets, that's what I run.

Update:

Bummer...The Method NV HD wheels do not come with the correct backspacing for the solid axle trucks. :-(

I found some wheels from Ultra that have toe correct backspacing AND are wheel centric. That makes me more comfortable than running lug centric wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94