Looking for an Eezi-awn globe tracker review.

nastav

Adventurer
I’m considering the eezi-awn globe tracker to mount on my trailer.
Any real world reviews? Especially regarding set up and break down times and efforts? Comfort?

My wife likes the enclosed and attached lower room aspect, I’m concerned with the pain in the *** factor of deployment and stowage.
It’s me, my wife and our 6 year old. I’ll be the one down in the doghouse on a cot for the near future.
I’m also thinking of the 1800 series 3 and an awning and room on other side of the trailer.
It’d be nice for the girls to be able to change and pee (portable toilet) without going outside.
I’d hate to spend $4,000 on something and have it be a pain to actually use.

The better Chinese RTTs are now priced within 20% of the comparable eezi-awn and it seems that the (perceived) jump in quality, value, heritage and aesthetic make the eezi-awn a better investment. That said; I’ve considered the tepui line of tents.

https://www.equipt1.com/item/Globe-Tracker-Trailer-Tent

brentbba

Explorer
The only one I've ever seen set up was owned by Paul May, the Equipt1 owner. Saw it at Moab one year. I'm an old Globetrotter owner. I liked the larger space the GlobeTracker offered for a larger family. No recollection of a discussion on the set up/take down of it vs the Globetrotter though. I know on the GlobeTrotter, Paul taught me how to set up/take down the tent with the vestibule attached. Made set up and take down a breeze not having to connect/disconnect the vestibule every time. I don't know if the extra material of the GlobeTracker makes that possible or not. Paul would be the expert on that for sure. Ask him.

nastav

Adventurer
Brentbba,
Thank you.
I called Paul last week and I think I’d head to Utah to see in person before committing.
I’m leaning towards the standard series 3 1800 for simplicity and keeping the canvas entirely off the ground.

brentbba

Explorer
Brentbba,
Thank you.
I called Paul last week and I think I'd head to Utah to see in person before committing.
I'm leaning towards the standard series 3 1800 for simplicity and keeping the canvas entirely off the ground.

Glad to hear. Eezi-Awn is a very, very well made product IMHO. Jealous that you're getting to go see his operation! Say hi for me.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I have a Globetrotter (which is very, very similar) and am in the process of converting it to mount on top of my Jeep. The vestibule is THAT good.

Comfort = better than a normal hardshell RTT due to thicker mattress, more length, more headroom, bigger windows, tougher screens
Setup time tent = pretty fast. Takes quite a bit more time to put it away (mostly because of the tent cover, which will be the same on a folding Eazy Awn)
Setup time vestibule = a lot faster than any awning + four-wall combo you will find.

I really like the Globetrotter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles