Frontrunner 45L water tank or water bag

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Currently in search of a water storage system for my Jeep.

Does anyone have experience with the Frontrunner 45L water tank or their water bag? Any plastic taste from the water?

EttienneM

Observer
I use both the FR bag and their foot well tank, no plastic tastes.
Be careful with the choice of hose though, FR sells a clear one which works well. Gardenhose... not so much :D

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I use both the FR bag and their foot well tank, no plastic tastes.
Be careful with the choice of hose though, FR sells a clear one which works well. Gardenhose... not so much :D

Great thanks! I was looking at the MSR Dromedary bag but kept reading how the plastic taste is awful and there's no way to get rid of it

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Great thanks! I was looking at the MSR Dromedary bag but kept reading how the plastic taste is awful and there's no way to get rid of it

I had an original MSR Dromedary Lite (red one) and it had a plastic taste. Now I have the new Dromedary Lite (semi opaque) also has plastic taste unfortunately. Used primarily for backpacking when needing to haul extra water back to camp. My Platypus bladders don't have that plastic taste but sizes are smaller than the Dromedaries.

I also have the 45L footwell tank with no off taste. Its a great option to keep the weight down low and it is plenty sturdy too!

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I have a 10L MSR Dromedary and don't get any plastic taste and I am pretty picky about my water. It is perfect for an overnight... I have 4 different sizes and they have all run 100% without any issues. That said I am dropping in a 20 gallon tank to satisfy the family of 5 camping needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles