Where to store fuel siphon after use?

JimmyHall

The most commonly known method of siphoning gas is the most dangerous one. In this , you had to put a hose in the fuel tank and draw the gas out using your mouth understandably, this was not a pleasant experience or a safe procedure by any means. But I do this .

It is important to know how to siphon fuel from a gas tank and do it correctly and safely. You can be prepared for any fuel emergency by being aware of the recommended siphoning methods and following them correctly.

It is advisable to keep rubber tubing and a siphon pump in the trunk of your car when traveling long distances so that you will not need to siphon gas using your mouth.

Last edited:

CampStewart

Observer
I don't use it in a rover but I am sure it would work for one. I have a 25mm plastic ammo can. It is heavy and bulky but it is airtight and rugged.

NMC_EXP

Explorer
For a jerry can spout I use a section of plastic DWV pipe. Capped on one end, threaded plug on the other. Fumes are trapped.

Blueboy

Adventurer
I got a siphon that you shake to get it active but haven't used it yet.

a quick note - make sure that the plastic tube is long enough to go from the can to the gas tank fill location. I made mine longer as my cans are on the roof rack.

I'd like to pipe in (no pun) and ask what is everyone using for a siphon pump? I would like to get one to transfer off my roof tanks (until I put the extended range in) without having to unstrap them from the roof.

I don't want a hokey system, but a proven product that works well!

Thanks ahead,

Victory

DiscoDavis

Explorer
I'd like to pipe in (no pun) and ask what is everyone using for a siphon pump? I would like to get one to transfer off my roof tanks (until I put the extended range in) without having to unstrap them from the roof.

I don't want a hokey system, but a proven product that works well!

Thanks ahead,

Victory

Remind me when you're in the area, the siphon I cut is sized exactly for your car, you can just copy that. Works for pretty much all the other cars anyway, just made a long one for roof jerries. Parts are from any local hardware store, if they carry the ball valve

Last edited:
So I ended up ordering a Siphon ProXL from Amazon. I had a $25 giftcard in my cart so it was free when all said in done....haha...FREE, right!

I'll report on it once I use it.

Connor, thanks for the offer man, I'm hoping to get up there in June and July for quite a bit of time to roll around. We are coming up in April to look for rental places for the short term. My lady starts work in San Jose then and I will be commuting from time to time back to SD and SJ and so forth. We will make the final move around December I guess but I plan to take trips up there quite a bit in Victory for some NorCal fun......you're the tour guide!

I think it was $22 on Amazon after my Amazon discounts and such!

https://www.amazon.com/Siphon-Pro-XL-Largest-Diesel/dp/B01M5D2XZQ

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 1.54.05 PM.jpg

Update on the Siphon Pro-XL.......works awesome! I ended up buying some new tube from Home Depot to extend my length from the roof-mounted Sceptor tank. Essentially, I needed about two more feet, but the process remains the same if I would have ordered the right length.

Anywhoooooooooo...............siphoned 5 gallons from the Sceptor to the main tank in less than 1.5 min. Just a few raps of the hose to the bottom of the fuel supply tank and the process starts immediately.

I absolutely love the purchase and recommend it. I keep it inside my Trasharoo outside zipper pocket inside a zip-lock freezer bag when I'm not using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles