SOLD Marathon GSAR Watch

zonker

Adventurer
My wife bought this GSAR in 2013. She loved the watch until she got arthritis in her wrist. She has decided that she needs a smaller and lighter watch and to sell this Marathon.

The GSAR is in excellent shape and in superb operating condition. The only wear is the dial markers between 5 and 8 have lost a little bit of white paint. Which could be very easily touched up. There are virtually no nicks or scratches in the metal bezel or body. The super thick Sapphire glass is perfect.

It was sent off to Marathon Switzerland in early 2017 for service even tho' it was not needed.. just because we take care of our stuff. It came back with a super clean bill of health and has time accuracy according to Marathon and any great auto watch. These watches are made in Switzerland use a Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement. They have a 300m / 1,000' dive depth. The sterile dial is devoid of government markings.

The watch comes with the original box and rubber strap. Included are (4) 3 buckle Nato straps, (1) 5 buckle Zulu Extreme Nato strap, (1) leather Nato strap. Plus an extra pair of spring pins. The leather strap has been worn as well as half of fabric straps. The other half have not been used.

SOLD!

Last edited:

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I already have a USMC version SAR and love it. My wife got it for me for Christmas almost ten years ago, and I wear it daily. These are incredible mechanical watches!

Watch.jpg

These aren't the easiest watches to find but they're near impossible to kill. A highly recommended timepiece!!

Last edited:

zonker

Adventurer
I already have a USMC version SAR and love it. My wife got it for me for Christmas almost ten years ago, and I wear it daily. These are incredible mechanical watches!

View attachment 437946

These aren't the easiest watches to find but they're near impossible to kill. A highly recommended timepiece!!

Thanks @Kmrtnsn for the validation! They are incredible watches. With a 2mm thick sapphire crystal.. I don't think you could ever break one. After your comment I am inclined to keep the GSAR that was mine. I have been procrastinating for about 6 months in regards to selling them as I loved mine. I think I am going to reconsider and only sell one.. my wife's!!

Mirrajumper

My wife bought this GSAR in 2013. She loved the watch until she got arthritis in her wrist. She has decided that she needs a smaller and lighter watch and to sell this Marathon.

The GSAR is in excellent shape and in superb operating condition. The only wear is the dial markers between 5 and 8 have lost a little bit of white paint. Which could be very easily touched up. There are virtually no nicks or scratches in the metal bezel or body. The super thick Sapphire glass is perfect.

It was sent off to Marathon Switzerland in early 2017 for service even tho' it was not needed.. just because we take care of our stuff. It came back with a super clean bill of health and has time accuracy according to Marathon and any great auto watch. These watches are made in Switzerland use a Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement. They have a 300m / 1,000' dive depth. The sterile dial is devoid of government markings.

The watch comes with the original box and rubber strap. Included are (4) 3 buckle Nato straps, (1) 5 buckle Zulu Extreme Nato strap, (1) leather Nato strap. Plus an extra pair of spring pins. The leather strap has been worn as well as half of fabric straps. The other half have not been used.

SOLD!
Love this watch. Great seller.
DB3FCB5D-9F33-43E0-B961-21B5A5C3116F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles