FOR SALE: Dodge Ram 2500 HD HEMI 5.7 & Palomino Backpack Truck Camper 2017

thepinproject

Adventurer
The truck has 115.000 miles and it will be available until June in Chile. I bought it in Florida and I drove it to Alaska and down to Chile. Zero problems, thorough maintenance and perfect condition both truck and camper.

The truck is ready to go overland. It is full equipped with camping gear & recovery equipment. The title transfer can be made in Florida, USA and it can organised by me. I can organize a check through a Chilean Dodge dealer as well.

Asking price: 51.500 USD

Truck Specs

Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty HEMI 5.7
Year: 2010
ODO: 115.000 miles

Extras:

- 6 inches lift
- 37 / 12.5 / 20 COOPER TT Pro
- 20 inch wheels / BLACK RHINO Armory (gun black)
- M1 SMITTYBILT Front & Rear Bumper
- Winch 15.000 pounds X20 SMITTYBILT
- Led Bar ROUGH COUNTRY (curved)
- 2 NFAB side steps
- Double rear hitch
- Rear rack (for spare wheel 37, extra propane tank, 3 extra gasoline tanks, metal box)
- BUSHWACKER cut out fender flares
- Tunning program
- 4 SMITTYBILT Ramp tracks
- Shovel & Recovery Anchor

Camper Specs

Palomino SS-1251 Pop up camper
Year: 2017
Purchased new: March 2017

- Queen-size mattress
- Bathroom with WC & shower
- 2 stoves
- DOMETIC freezer (automatic DC / AC / Propane)
- Power pop-up roof
- Heater
- Outside shower
- Hot water

Extra equipment

- 200 watts solar panel & 2 batteries AGM
- Panel control
- 4 extra new motors for the roof (spare)
- 4 Torquelift anchors
- Cable for hook ups
- 2 propane gas tanks (2X20lbs)
- DOMETIC Side awning

Ship Weight 1795 lb.
Exterior Length 14' 10"
Exterior Width 86"
Floor Length 8' 6"
Wheel Well 47"
Exterior Height 6'
Center of Gravity 37"
Fresh Water Tank 22 gal.
Gray Water Tank 0 gal.
Black Water Tank 7 gal.
LP Tank Capacity 20 lb.

More info can be found at: http://www.palominorv.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=374

DSC02675.JPG

DSC02168.JPG

20170716_124023.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

SS-1251.jpg

Last edited:

thepinproject

Adventurer
FOR SALE: Dodge Ram 2500HD HEMI 5.7 & Palomino Backpack Truck Camper 2017 SANTIAGO

My trip is coming to an end. I am already in Atacama Desert and in about a week I will be in Santiago. The truck must go!!!! I am all ears for your offers ;-)

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 20.17.54.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 20.16.54.jpg

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
What's the gear ratio? 37's are some pretty big rollers. Especially with all the weight and a small block gasser.

thepinproject

Adventurer
To be really honest, I am not sure about the gear ratio. All I know, is that the rig rolls great and I have done some amazing off-the-beaten track without any problem!
Thorough maintenance is the key to keep it in a great shape and this is what I was doing in all my trip.

The fact that its a gasoline model helps a lot as well. Modern diesel engines (like Cummins) with a DPF, get clogged so easy with latin america poor diesel quality. So, if you are planning such an adventure with a new vehicle (after 2010-2012), get the gasoline one or get a LR Defender that runs on vegetable oil!

outwestbound

Observer
Sweet ride!! Have you weighted the vehicle? Do you know the relationship of it's actual weight to the truck's rated capacities on the sticker that's on the door placard inside the driver's door?

thepinproject

Adventurer
Before fitting the camper, we did all necessary actions like measuring, weighting etc ;-) Everything works great so far.

Yaldor

If you are in Atacama and ending in Santiago you might mis the best part of Chile/Argentina which is anything south of Pucon and Bariloche with the Caraterra austral which was the highlight of our trip ( we wished we had 4x4 but did it very slowly and carefully w/o. Had to give up only 2-3 side trip roads in which 4x4 was a must.)

thepinproject

Adventurer
If you are in Atacama and ending in Santiago you might mis the best part of Chile/Argentina which is anything south of Pucon and Bariloche with the Caraterra austral which was the highlight of our trip ( we wished we had 4x4 but did it very slowly and carefully w/o. Had to give up only 2-3 side trip roads in which 4x4 was a must.)

Much appreciate the tip but I've been in Patagonia in a previous trip ;)

du+nica

Howdy ThePinProject,

Thanks for the heads-up, your truck+camper looks great... unfortunately as we plan to live in our future RV fulltime, it's just too small for us.

Good luck in selling it, tho... I'm sure it will make its future buyer very happy!

Cheers,
--
Du & Nica.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles