Purchase opinions for son's first car

ssatellite

My first car was a 68 Satellite. The manual drum brakes were a little scary. I liked driving through parking structures and setting off all the alarms.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
A Montero would be a solid choice for a first rig IMHO, just would be questioning the shape of the Gen 2 you posted if it has been posted for some time.

Both of my kids are driving age. They both learned on a rig with a manual box, no power steering, and no power brakes...Geo Tracker, 4x4, rag top. (...and this little Chevy 1.6L is great for learning how to turn wrenches!)
I know...not the safest rig on the block, but it taught them how to really drive before they sit down behind the wheel of a vehicle you can just mash the skinny pedal to the floor and be flying down the road before you know it.
I believe all kids should learn on a manual transmission!
Cheers

tailgunn

Mine would like to learn manual shift, but right now I don't have one. I have been teaching him the basics of wrenching on the Yukon and Odyssey, and the Protege will be good for that too. I have a couple of dirt bikes and a four wheeler that all require some work too. I finish my master's degree this week, and then I'll have more time for wrenching. The first order is to gut the Protege interior because it was smoked in for 18 years. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles