FWC Hawk - Height above cab

Pfindly

Hello. I'm trying to figure out if a Hawk FWC mounted on my truck (in the closed position) will fit into my garage. Can someone tell me the approximate distance from the highest point of a closed Hawk FWC to the top of the cab? It looks to be about 12". Assume no rack or "non-standard" equipment is mounted on the roof of the camper. About how many inches would a solar panel add?

Thank you for the help.

Paul

Last edited:

rotti

Adventurer
My Hawk with solar on a 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 just clears my 8’ door by an inch or two.

XJINTX

Explorer
My Hawk on a F250 4x4 has an inch (almost) to spare on 8 ft roll up door on my shop. If I forget to lower airbags it hits ;) Not sure but I think "someone" said that the Fords are built a bit higher in the front because of cab but not sure????

kmcintyre

Observer
Don't forget about the variances in the vent options. Some have flat covers, some have domes. I think that would add 2-3" if you have the dome like I do. Because of it, I can't keep my FWC in the full up position due to my garage door opener.

AF6GL

My stock 2016 F150 and 2016 Hawk will not clear my 7 foot door. 89" with solar and batwing awning. 86" without. 15" above cab.

Pfindly

"15 inches above the cab..." My '07 dodge 4x4 has a 3" lift and 35" AT BFGs. I'll measure from the top of the cab up 15" - giving plenty of clearance - Clarence.

Thank you all. Paul

Last edited:

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
From the floor of the camper (truck bed height), to the top of the roof vent is 59".

If you have a 2007 - 2018 Toyota Tundra, that measurement would be 61".
If you have a 2004 - 2018 Ford F-150, that measurement would be 61".
(these truck have a slightly deeper truck bed)

Hope this helps.

Stan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles