Blue Ridge Overland Gear - A few good words

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
I just wanted to say a few words and those of you that may know them. There customer service (and products) are great. I was able to locate on of their 18 x 20 seat back molle panels for sale on a bidding website. From the pics it looked complete and was at a good price so I purchased it. When it arrived, it was actually missing a small strap that helped attach it to the seat. Well I had just placed an order with BROG for other items and thought I would shoot them an email and see if they could possibly toss one in (I was fully expecting to pay for it). Much to my surprise when my order arrived they had in fact tossed one in and it appears at no cost to me. THANK YOU BROG!!! Keep up the good work, great products and awesome customer service. I will be outfitting all my rigs with your products (and stickers for all the world to see as well!)

patoz

Expedition Leader
I have four of their Recovery Gear Bags and they are very heavy duty with excellent build quality. I used to have a commercial Singer sewing machine at the Fire Department I worked for, so I know a little about sewing quality.

I have called them several times to ask questions about some of their other products, and they have always been very helpful and polite. I would recommend their products to anybody!

I haven't purchase yet but plan to as they are somewhat local to me. I enjoy watching their YouTube videos. Especially how they create new products. Sometimes it is interesting to see behind the scenes and the people that actually make the product. Their employees actually get out and use their products. The videos are on the light-hearted side rather then being the dry non enthusiastic here it is here is what it does type videos. Speaks volumes about the people of BROG. I am certain that once my vehicle is farther along that it will be outfitted with BROG gear.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Hopping onto the train here, I don't own much BROG products yet but what I've bought/used are fantastic. Customer service was quick to get back to me and help me get something right before a big trip I took last year. Can't wait to get the MaxTrax bag in the future, looks great!

aaen

Adventurer
Just avoid the dumb tacoma attic, complete waste of money, doesn't;t hold anything. I love the rest of their gear though. That is the first and only product I have ever disliked of theirs.

screwball48

Explorer
Just avoid the dumb tacoma attic, complete waste of money, doesn't;t hold anything. I love the rest of their gear though. That is the first and only product I have ever disliked of theirs.

Care to elaborate further. Is it the design or overall size thats the problem. This looks like a possible solution to an issue I have of keeping “soft items” stored in my truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aaen

Adventurer
Sure, when you put items up in the attic they fall out all the time. IF you try cinch'ing down on it, it just collapses the hammock inward. It does not go tighter up against the roof. It would work great if in tacomas, like Jeeps there was a recess in the roof with a hard barrier up front.

I suggested they changed the design to use stretchy material with a rigid frame. They didn't;t believe in the longevity of the stretchy materials and refunded me the money. So right now I am working with a seamstress to redesign it and make it so it works to hold items tight against the roof. Just waiting on her response to see if she can do it. Shouldn't be an issue, just a matter of timing.

Steve

screwball48

Explorer
Sure, when you put items up in the attic they fall out all the time. IF you try cinch'ing down on it, it just collapses the hammock inward. It does not go tighter up against the roof. It would work great if in tacomas, like Jeeps there was a recess in the roof with a hard barrier up front.

I suggested they changed the design to use stretchy material with a rigid frame. They didn't;t believe in the longevity of the stretchy materials and refunded me the money. So right now I am working with a seamstress to redesign it and make it so it works to hold items tight against the roof. Just waiting on her response to see if she can do it. Shouldn't be an issue, just a matter of timing.

Steve

Thank you for the honest review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02rangeredge

Adventurer
Would making the anchor straps adjustable solve your problem? It would maintain longevity by not using elastic and allow for force on the ceiling possibly

aaen

Adventurer
nope it isn't close enough to the roof to begin with. I installed it as tight as it would go to the roof, as loose/etc. Tried multiple ways. It is a horrible design. When you pull the cinch cord it collapses attic, and doesn't cinch it up tight.

Only thing it will work with is big bulky items (puffy jackets, sleeping nag, etc) tucking in gloves, normal jacket, etc, and 2 miles of a gravel road or a few corners and they end up on the back seat.

slvyj

Observer
I bought the Jeep JK attic a few years ago. When I tried to install, the straps were not long enough, after I contacted them, they sent a new one. Installed with no problems and is now one of my favorites. What I like is it included two large pockets which are perfect small items like maps or SAM splints. During camping trips, pillows and jackets are held by the attic. I looked at a number of other internal roof storage systems and they were the only ones that had the pockets. Sadly, it looks like they don't sale the type of attic I have anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles