How do I sew a sidewall.

jgaz

Adventurer
How about the urethane adhesive that is used to set windshields? I have no experience with it other than it's intended use except for using it to repair a barn door weather strip in the middle of a Michigan winter.

If you came across a mobile replacement van, the tech might give you an almost empty tube to try. I never set nearly as many windshields in a day as most of these guys do but usually used a new tube for each job since the urethane starts to cure quickly which made it harder to apply properly.

jgaz

Adventurer
You can just visit Auto Parts Store & buy the stuff nowdays. They changed its formula so it wont work for cooking ‘meth. Its no longer DEA regulated product.
Btw, it works great gluing patches on fueltanks also...

Seriously!? Cooking meth! My wife tells me I “gotta get out more”, maybe she's right.
Plastic or metal fuel tank patches?
The things you learn reading random threads!

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
The tires held but the shoo goo cracked real easy. The threads are pullin thru the rubber but the shoo goo is weak. I'm gonna grind off the shoo goo and put a patch on the outside of the tire for one more go at it. The tire was spun constantly, jumped and slid sidways. Three cars ripped their front suspensions off and I had to drive over one car that wrecked to get out of the way so I gotta say the fix worked well.

image.jpg

Big heavy V8 cars piled up.

image.jpg

Field repair

image.jpg

LS3 powered
image.jpg

Honda 3.5 V6 in a light mid engine car.

image.jpg

3 more Chevy LS V8 cars.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mine is super light and runs a tweeked factory supercharged Chevy ecotec 2.0. 13psi boost 275 hp. Driving the dunes is a blast but we have just as much fun at camp.

image.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Seriously!? Cooking meth! My wife tells me I “gotta get out more”, maybe she's right.
Plastic or metal fuel tank patches?
The things you learn reading random threads!

Beavis and Butthead method
Bathtub method
Cold method
Big gulp cup method
Mom and pop method
......Hundreds and hundreds of methods thanks to the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles