Led Light Bar Install

Bravo30

The shop finished up installing a Rough Country 52'' X5 light bar yesterday. I was going to do it myself but they also installed a new sound system so i let them do it all in one shot. overall i think they did a terrific job with the installation. Everything is level and spaced correctly.

Installation wise, its very solid. the brackets sit on gaskets and then are sealed with Dicor non sag. the underneath has reinforcement plate that is also sealed with Dicor. If it leaks then so be it. plan B will be to use lap sealant over the entire base. i didn't want to do that now cause it looks goofy but if i need to i have the option available or possibly even a few other options. either way, i'm not worried about it.

As far as the the light, i purchased it from Rough Countrys scratch an dent store on ebay for $210 delivered. it was listed as used with scratches, I looked and couldn't find a single scratch. its in excellent like new condition and would purchase from them again in the future. Before i bought i talked to them an they said everything gets inspected before it leaves their shop. As far as output, it is ridiculously bright. its bright as in you shouldn't really turn it on in a residential setting. Its stupid bright. the only issue i have with it is that the switch doesn't light up when its not on. i have to fumble for a few seconds looking for it in the dark. first world problem, ill live.

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Great looking! Thanks for the info, I'm wanting one for my camper and just starting the research phase. This helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles