New 3rd gen owner, 2002 Limited SR

ilyas

Hi all, finally got my 64k mile 2002 Montero shipped to my house in Georgia. The car was originally purchased by my wife's grandfather in Puerto Rico, hence the 'SR' name (actually has the SR badges too). As far as I can tell, the only differences from a standard US spec Limited are headlight washers and running boards. It's a big change from my other 2 cars: 2002 Camaro built autox and track car, and a 592whp 1997 Viper GTS.

The car's exterior and interior look great, but it's throwing a few codes: P0300 code (random cylinder misfire), lean bank 1 and lean bank 2. It is very slow, and won't rev past 5k RPM at WOT, so it doesn't shift into whichever gear is next when going WOT. Shifts are crisp at part throttle. Idle is 1200rpm about 80% of the time. Unplugging the IAC does nothing. I could go multiple directions from here, but I wanted to first ask you guys if this is a common issue with these cars. Any ideas?

Also, the ABS isn't working and the car isn't going into low gearing...but I want to handle the engine issue first.

When I get these things sorted out, I'm putting on a set of 285/75/16 as the car's first mod.

Last edited:

JAVYPRO

Observer
ilyas,
Yours will be the 2nd one I know that comes from PR. Another difference, I do not know if all were the same or the years, might be the fitment of a break booster instead of the nitrogen charged system. I love the headlight washers and tried to get the system when I went back home but I needed more time.

Nice Viper, is that Road Atlanta? I am in Buford not that far from it.

Javy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne