My '17 F150 5.0 FX4 Thread

BigDaveZJ

Adventurer
Interesting, I'll have to look into that. I have an F350 and have been looking at ways to mount a CB mic. I certainly don't need it all the time, but want it somewhere easy to access when it is hooked up. Thanks!

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I also have the 5.0, locker, etc and did a similar Raptor clone build- OEM Raptor 17" wheels, 2" level kit, OEM Raptor side steps, grille, 35's, etc on the CCSB with the retractable soft-topper cap. We use the 350 for 'truck' duties, but the 150 is very flexible as DD, light hauling, etc, etc. A few things dictated going this route over the 'real' Raptor- a) lack of V-8. The Eco-boost has too much heat/coolers and additional bits/complexity for the longevity/simplicity I wanted, b) no real need for the wide body and suspension given location and other platforms already owned, and c) cost...

One thing I wish I could have gotten for the 350 were the OEM Raptor side steps, as they are stout and functional. I actually purchased a set for extended cab accidentally, so if anyone is need of a set, I have them. I did get the correct CC set, and in fact got the aftermarket ones for the 350.

Very pleased with the setup- great platform with tons of flexibility/uses!

Littlehouse

Adventurer
LOVE YOUR TRUCK. I've always had a crew cab, but I think I would much rather have the extended cab and 6' bed for an Orange County DD. I find myself needing the longer bed more often than the extra interior space. Is the Supercab large enough for two dogs? "Huskies" Also, do the new Fords have "Auto 4wd High" like GM?

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I also have the 5.0, locker, etc and did a similar Raptor clone build- OEM Raptor 17" wheels, 2" level kit, OEM Raptor side steps, grille, 35's, etc on the CCSB with the retractable soft-topper cap. We use the 350 for 'truck' duties, but the 150 is very flexible as DD, light hauling, etc, etc. A few things dictated going this route over the 'real' Raptor- a) lack of V-8. The Eco-boost has too much heat/coolers and additional bits/complexity for the longevity/simplicity I wanted, b) no real need for the wide body and suspension given location and other platforms already owned, and c) cost...

One thing I wish I could have gotten for the 350 were the OEM Raptor side steps, as they are stout and functional. I actually purchased a set for extended cab accidentally, so if anyone is need of a set, I have them. I did get the correct CC set, and in fact got the aftermarket ones for the 350.

Very pleased with the setup- great platform with tons of flexibility/uses!

when I first heard the new raptors got the ecoboost I was so confused, it got that beast of a 6.2L in the first run- but this time around it got the smaller engine option for some reason

If I was looking at a newer truck to offroad I'd totally go the 5.0

NotBlake

LOVE YOUR TRUCK. I've always had a crew cab, but I think I would much rather have the extended cab and 6' bed for an Orange County DD. I find myself needing the longer bed more often than the extra interior space. Is the Supercab large enough for two dogs? "Huskies" Also, do the new Fords have "Auto 4wd High" like GM?

4auto is available in the Lariat and higher trim levels. This truck is an XLT and has 2H 4H and 4L.

I think you could fit a couple of huskies in the back no problem. Maybe not for a super-long trip though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier