Pulling over onto the shoulder - one thing we hate doing.

Sitec

Adventurer
Cloud 9 Recovery 2.jpg

Impressive body strength. So little damage for quite a roll. Good to hear they're mobile again, and fantastic to hear people helped them so much! :)

Neil

Observer
Hi guys.
Thanks for all the kind words.
We are ok and back on the road.
Unbelievably the damage was very minor. A few scratches and a broken window. And a reshaped wheel arch.
The mistake we made was driving on this road afterc48 hours of rain. 200 meters before the accodent we were held up by road works were most of the roads had been swept away over night. The whole surface was unstable.and fluid. The people who helped me were amazing and we are back on our travels although a bit cautiously when in the wet.
What saved me wasxthe fact thatxwe were stationart when it fell over. I think if we had had forward momentum it would be different.
Again thanks for your comments

Neil

You can see all the gory details at

Www.cloud9ontour.com

Toby3

Hi Neil,

glad to see you are all alright. Lucky escape with minor damage and great how many people helped. After the event a interesting chapter for the future book. Hope onward travel is less eventful

Safe travels. Tobias

Last edited:

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Glad everything worked out, and you met some great people. Safe travels

Hi guys.
Thanks for all the kind words.
We are ok and back on the road.
Unbelievably the damage was very minor. A few scratches and a broken window. And a reshaped wheel arch.
The mistake we made was driving on this road afterc48 hours of rain. 200 meters before the accodent we were held up by road works were most of the roads had been swept away over night. The whole surface was unstable.and fluid. The people who helped me were amazing and we are back on our travels although a bit cautiously when in the wet.
What saved me wasxthe fact thatxwe were stationart when it fell over. I think if we had had forward momentum it would be different.
Again thanks for your comments

Neil

You can see all the gory details at

Www.cloud9ontour.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles