Pelfreybilt Off-Road ::: Product Info, Sales, Support, Etc.

pelfreybilt

IMG_8400.jpg

Hello Expedition Portal !!!

Pelfreybilt Off-Road here. We wanted to introduce ourselves as well as create a thread where customers can find product info, see current sales, ask questions, and talk general Pelfreybilt discussion. For those that don’t know, we specialize in Off-Road & Overland components for Toyotas including the 4Runner, Tacoma, FJ Cruiser, Tundra, and more to come! This includes Front Bumpers, Rear Bumpers, Rock Sliders, and other accessories.

Post up if you have any questions about Pelfreybilt products or visit www.pelfreybilt.com for more info.

-Pelfreybilt
www.pelfreybilt.com

t4-jpg.125789

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
Welcome to the community. Looks like some cool gear for Yotas. Looking at some of your stuff for my Tundra once I save up some money.

-Bailey

phsycle

Adventurer
Would appreciate a rear bumper that is fully BSM compatible. There are a couple on the market, but poor execution resulting in finicky performance.

Doc_

Sammich!
Your Third Gen Tundra front bumper looks killer. Most bumpers for second-gen+ trucks look kind of absurd and bulky, that's really clean and purposeful.

Bluegrass Taco

Adventurer
Just saw this thread! I thought I'd give some commentary from a happy customer. 2011 Tacoma TRD OR/V6 Auto. I've got an aluminum plate bumper on the front. I went with no hoops. Warn VR12S winch with synthetic safe roller fairlead, BD Sport lights, BD 20" light bar, The bumper fits incredibly well, looks fantastic, and service/delivery from Pelfreybilt was 2nd to none. The light weight of the aluminum bumper, along with a synthetic winch line, I didn't see but 1/4" of sag in the front suspension after install. Already had one "contact" with a tree....Not super hard, but enough that I know the strength is there...No damage! I went with the standard steel rear plate bumper. Fit and finish to their high standards. I'm 110% pleased. Also went with 3 piece aluminum skids. The weight savings over steel made that a clear cut choice. I've slammed 'em a few times with nothing more than a few scuff marks.

GREAT products. The absolute best in customer service. Competitive prices....and clean, modern looks. Hard act to beat.

Will be adding gas tank skid soon.

downhill

Adventurer
Welcome Pelfrey! Your products have always struck me as well designed and well executed. Your reputation for customer support has been very good too.

One idea for thought. I would really like to see someone develop a line of steel/aluminum hybrid products. This does require actual engineering (the kind you go to school for), but it is possible to build very strong and tough structures using high strength steel tubing, engineered structure, and aluminum plate. These structures can offer all the strength advantages of steel, with a significantly lower weight signature.

Anyone can, (and everyone does), build hella strong bumpers from heavy plate steel. A few people build lighter aluminum bumpers, but at a cost in strength. The hybrid is the answer, and whoever figures that out first will have an open market. I have built bumpers and skids this way. The frames were welded steel, and aluminum plates were either bolted or riveted using heavy structural rivets. Individual plates that get damaged can be removed and replaced easily. Myself and a couple of buddies started doing this when I was in engineering school in the 70's. Use aluminum everywhere that it can be used without sacrifice, and steel where it is actually needed. It's pretty basic, and the concept can be used on every aspect of armor.

I was out of a shop when I bought my Tacoma, so my truck is loaded down with all this heavy aftermarket stuff. It needs to go. I have another shop now, and unless I can buy these products, I'll just be building my own again. I'm older now, and I would much rather buy them, and spend my time exploring! Maybe you can help an old guy out?

pelfreybilt

Just saw this thread! I thought I'd give some commentary from a happy customer. 2011 Tacoma TRD OR/V6 Auto. I've got an aluminum plate bumper on the front. I went with no hoops. Warn VR12S winch with synthetic safe roller fairlead, BD Sport lights, BD 20" light bar, The bumper fits incredibly well, looks fantastic, and service/delivery from Pelfreybilt was 2nd to none. The light weight of the aluminum bumper, along with a synthetic winch line, I didn't see but 1/4" of sag in the front suspension after install. Already had one "contact" with a tree....Not super hard, but enough that I know the strength is there...No damage! I went with the standard steel rear plate bumper. Fit and finish to their high standards. I'm 110% pleased. Also went with 3 piece aluminum skids. The weight savings over steel made that a clear cut choice. I've slammed 'em a few times with nothing more than a few scuff marks.

GREAT products. The absolute best in customer service. Competitive prices....and clean, modern looks. Hard act to beat.

Will be adding gas tank skid soon.

Thanks for the support! Glad you're enjoying our products. Post some pics of the rig if you can, we'd love to see it and I'm sure others would as well.

-Pelfreybilt
www.pelfreybilt.com

pelfreybilt

Welcome Pelfrey! Your products have always struck me as well designed and well executed. Your reputation for customer support has been very good too.

One idea for thought. I would really like to see someone develop a line of steel/aluminum hybrid products. This does require actual engineering (the kind you go to school for), but it is possible to build very strong and tough structures using high strength steel tubing, engineered structure, and aluminum plate. These structures can offer all the strength advantages of steel, with a significantly lower weight signature.

Anyone can, (and everyone does), build hella strong bumpers from heavy plate steel. A few people build lighter aluminum bumpers, but at a cost in strength. The hybrid is the answer, and whoever figures that out first will have an open market. I have built bumpers and skids this way. The frames were welded steel, and aluminum plates were either bolted or riveted using heavy structural rivets. Individual plates that get damaged can be removed and replaced easily. Myself and a couple of buddies started doing this when I was in engineering school in the 70's. Use aluminum everywhere that it can be used without sacrifice, and steel where it is actually needed. It's pretty basic, and the concept can be used on every aspect of armor.

I was out of a shop when I bought my Tacoma, so my truck is loaded down with all this heavy aftermarket stuff. It needs to go. I have another shop now, and unless I can buy these products, I'll just be building my own again. I'm older now, and I would much rather buy them, and spend my time exploring! Maybe you can help an old guy out?

Thank You!

You bring up something great that we actually started to implement in our Toyota Tundra Front Bumper:
http://www.pelfreybilt.com/product/tundra-front-bumper/

- Steel/Aluminum Hybrid weighing in at 100lbs
- Aluminum Outer Shell
- Steel Winch Mount & Frame Supports
- Works with OEM parking sonar
- Optional 30” LED Light Bar cutout

-Pelfreybilt
www.pelfreybilt.com

1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members