Tacoma Bed Questions

odomandr

Observer
I am trying to find the best way to mount a fridge slide and L track to a sheet of plywood or to the bed of my tacoma. I have a fridge slide that I want to mount on the passenger side and I have a few pelican boxes Id like to strap down via L track and a ratchet strap. I have cut some leftover plywood to fit in the bed. I have considered the following methods for securing it all

1. I am overthinking it all and should bolt it all to the floor of the bed without the plywood...but i dont really want more holes in the plastic, what if i want to change the layout....

2. Bolting the plywood through the bed with new extended bolts through the factory bed bolt locations. they are 4.5 inches in length but I have yet to check the thread or size. I can get all of mine to come out of the bed so I can do this for sure and I do have a torx bit to fit the stock hardware.

3. Install L track in a couple grooves of the floor on the left and right side, then bolting down the plywood to the L track. this still allows options for layout changes but does put holes in the bed although not necessary to move them again.

4. the plywood just floats, will gravity be all that is necessary and I can just bolt/strap the stuff to the plywood....I dont wheel too difficult of terrain but that being said I feel something would go wrong.

Who has mounted stuff like this in a 2nd gen tacoma or any other truck bed? thoughts on this? I have a camper shell to lock it all in but i have concerns for securing it all.

odomandr

Observer
I think I am going to order some L track and cut the plywood out of the equation. thanks for helping me think through this. I know someone with their fridge slide on small feet but Id rather have the versatility of the L track

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles