FS: 10' NCO Alaskan

What I've got:

1962 10' Non-Cab Over camper. (NCO). The NCO thing is neat from the standpoint that the camper is very low profile when driving, and is fully sealed when raising and lowering it, unlike the cabover Alaskans. The 10' fits great in my '08 F350 with the tailgate down. Don't even notice it's back there.

History:
I bought last summer for $1800. It's lived most of its life under a carport in Richland, Wa (desert/dry climate). It's very clean and doesn't feel all that old considering it's from 1962. No signs of rot anywhere I've poked around, which was one of the reasons why I went for it. Only minor leak I've found was around the roof vent but haven't had a chance to fix that yet. Guessing its from whatever sealing compound that was used has dried out. Have worked on it with my dad (who's a cabinet maker) a bit to modernize/restore it a bit. It has a stove, a sink and an ice box.

So far/additions since buying it:

New Titan 2000lb Tripod Jacks on all 4 corners ($900). The original Alaskan jacks are deadly at best... and won't raise high enough for a modern truck. These Titans are modern, strong and safe.
New seals on between upper and lower portion of camper.
New laminate hardwood flooring
Through Cleaning. (About 40 years of dust in the nooks and crannies of this thing.)
All new aluminum trim to fully seal edges and corners of metal camper shell.
Runners along underside of camper to protect plywood from rot and to raise camper up to modern truck bed height.

Stuff it still needs:
New window seals.
Stove leak checked. It looks fine to me but I've never used it.

Selling because for a few reasons, first of all I've got too many other projects in my life at the moment, and secondly my wife and I decided that a Bigfoot/Northern Lite camper fits our needs a bit better. I would like to recoup at least some of what I spent on it/time I've put in to it. I was thinking somewhere around $3000 would be a fair price, but I'm open to offers. Have lots of pictures, shoot me a PM with your email and I can send them. Camper is in Wenatchee, WA.
19400354_10213447960063108_6238719836638472120_o.jpg

camper jake

What I've got:

1962 10' Non-Cab Over camper. (NCO). The NCO thing is neat from the standpoint that the camper is very low profile when driving, and is fully sealed when raising and lowering it, unlike the cabover Alaskans. The 10' fits great in my '08 F350 with the tailgate down. Don't even notice it's back there.

History:
I bought last summer for $1800. It's lived most of its life under a carport in Richland, Wa (desert/dry climate). It's very clean and doesn't feel all that old considering it's from 1962. No signs of rot anywhere I've poked around, which was one of the reasons why I went for it. Only minor leak I've found was around the roof vent but haven't had a chance to fix that yet. Guessing its from whatever sealing compound that was used has dried out. Have worked on it with my dad (who's a cabinet maker) a bit to modernize/restore it a bit. It has a stove, a sink and an ice box.

So far/additions since buying it:

New Titan 2000lb Tripod Jacks on all 4 corners ($900). The original Alaskan jacks are deadly at best... and won't raise high enough for a modern truck. These Titans are modern, strong and safe.
New seals on between upper and lower portion of camper.
New laminate hardwood flooring
Through Cleaning. (About 40 years of dust in the nooks and crannies of this thing.)
All new aluminum trim to fully seal edges and corners of metal camper shell.
Runners along underside of camper to protect plywood from rot and to raise camper up to modern truck bed height.

Stuff it still needs:
New window seals.
Stove leak checked. It looks fine to me but I've never used it.

Selling because for a few reasons, first of all I've got too many other projects in my life at the moment, and secondly my wife and I decided that a Bigfoot/Northern Lite camper fits our needs a bit better. I would like to recoup at least some of what I spent on it/time I've put in to it. I was thinking somewhere around $3000 would be a fair price, but I'm open to offers. Have lots of pictures, shoot me a PM with your email and I can send them. Camper is in Wenatchee, WA.
View attachment 438623

Interested in more photos & generate discussion. I'm new here, please advise of your unit availability & how to contact your

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles